Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
W

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, January 21st, 2021 3:14 PM

AT&T Trade in scam/ fraudulent practice

This is to bring to attention that i have had bad and pathetic service and potential fraud with AT&T trade in program. 

1. My trade in device has been sent to AT&T on the address son shipping label but AT&T continues to deny having received the phone.

i have initiated BBB consumer complaint and shall continue to look for more avenues to highlight this fraudulent practice by AT&T.

2. The customer service both in store and on phone has been pathetic and keeps people waiting for 45 min to 2 hours. AT&T needs to learn to respect the customers and stop the fraud.

Thank you

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

1. My trade in device has been sent to AT&T on the address son shipping label but AT&T continues to deny having received the phone.

did you send it back in the bubble wrap envelope or in the box that your new phone came in with that label?

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Yes Please I did follow the instructions and send in the bubble wrap. I have the requisite Usps number and shows as delivered to a person in La Vergne TN but the customer service is refused that the device has been receievd. Also the in store as well as phone customer service has just been awful I repeat awful.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

also how long has it been? many cases are delivered to the recycle center  but havent been scanned into the recycler database, with thousands of phones arriving everyday they can  tend to get a little behind, with reduced staff during covid it just makes it that much worse.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you and the response is noted. So essentially you acknowledge lack of proper support due to being short staffed . The  Case number: 20010821009117. Please let me know once you get the things in order and have an update on my trade in with the right details. Thank you 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

were all customers here so we cant straighten anything out for you the people short staffed are a 3rd party recycle center, not an at&t run company.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for the update AT&T. As I said please do the right thing and let me know the status of trade in device? 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

sigh we cant let you know anything we are all customers here at&t does not read the forums

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for the response. Appreciate that! I just hope AT&T stops this fraudulent practice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.