Trade In and Get Rewarded!
twright901's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 22nd, 2017 9:51 PM

AT&T Next Every Year return.

If I trade in my phone with AT&T Next Every Year and get an upgrade, what happens if I want to return the phone? I'd then basically have a line with no phone and no device payments on it right?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

If you trade in your current phone and get a new phone but then return that new phone within the 14 day return period, then yes, you will have a line with no phone and no device payments.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Once you pay the phone off it's yours. After the 14 days unless you next upgrade the phone is your and you owe the payments.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What I mean is I traded a S8+ in for a Note8 because I was on Next Every Year... I know that I owe for the Note8 now, however what if I return the Note8 within my 14 day return period then I owe nothing right?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

You traded in a s8+ and payed to trade up and your going to waste the money.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I traded in my Samsung Galaxy 6 for Samsung Galaxy 8 in April 2018..still haven't received my credit for the phone. The only reason I upgraded was because it was BOGO with Samsung Galaxy 8. I have been with att since 1992..really???..I would greatly appreciate it if Att would accommodate a loyal customer. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Xlmnopqrs wrote:

I traded in my Samsung Galaxy 6 for Samsung Galaxy 8 in April 2018..still haven't received my credit for the phone. The only reason I upgraded was because it was BOGO with Samsung Galaxy 8. I have been with att since 1992..really???..I would greatly appreciate it if Att would accommodate a loyal customer. 

If this was a next swap you get no money.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

It wasn't a next swap
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Good Afternoon,

I have an issues that I've been dealing with through your customer support/care that involved the return of a phone that I previously upgraded. I received the phone on in mid February of this year and proceeded as directed on the label to return the phone within the allotted time. I signed the statement and mailed the phone off a few days later only for it to be returned to me a a few weeks later. I was out of town on military business and when I arrived back home the phone was awaiting me. I called customer support to explain and I was told another label would be sent out and I never received that either. I waited about 10 days and still received nothing. I even asked for the address so that I could send the phone back myself and wasn't given the address nor information I asked for once more a few days after that. In addition on both of those calls I was told my account would be adjusted as such since I had previously called and alerted ATT of the situation. Today I spoke with Austin and his supervisor Carlos. I was never given the address and I was told all I would receive was a $75 account adjustment and they repeatedly asked for a tracking number from almost 70 days ago. Again I relayed to them about what was told to me in on the first call they kept repeating that the time limit had elapsed. Again I stated that I have done my part and also alerted ATT about the situation in multiple calls and my sentiments went ignored. The supervisor Carlos was extremely unprofessional when I explained to him the situation and all he stated was sending out a new label and the $75 account adjustment and had smart remarks as we were getting off the phone.

I have been a loyal customer to ATT for over 10 years and I have never experienced this type of disfunction with customer service. As a service member serving this country and being loyal to your business this is not how customers should be treated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.