Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Absolutely_Infuriated's profile

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 24th, 2023 5:49 AM

Closed

AT&T never gave me trade-in credit

This whole program is insane. "Mail in your phone and we will give you $800 credit in three months." What an effing scam!

I mailed my phone in back in July. It is now January. After multiple calls and hours on the line, I finally got a guy to confirm what I already knew: AT&T received my phone in August. I said "Yeah, I have the postal tracking number that says that." After being transferred around to multiple departments, I was finally lucky enough to talk to a lady who fessed up and said that the phone was received but no ticket was assigned. She gave me the ticket number and said it would be resolved by Dec. 16. I call on Dec. 20, because - you guessed it - no credit had been applied to my account. Call again. And again. The people can't tell me anything other than to wait some more. Apparently, the issue will just resolve itself by magic.

This seriously should be illegal - AT&T should be required to process credits for trade-ins upon receipt of the device. Or at least in a prompt fashion. No more of this "we will credit your account in a few months or whenever we feel like getting around to it."

I call and call and call and nobody can give me a straight answer. I know the poor employees I am speaking to have been instructed not to tell me anything. I know they can hear the frustration in my voice and feel bad. But like I said, they are instructed to follow they script.

Do not ever trust this process. Seriously, I don't know if employees just steal the phones as soon as they come in. Or if it is all a big scam. Or if AT&T is just so backlogged and struggling to find staff to process the claims. Whatever it is, the system is clearly not working. Whether it is negligence or malice on the part of AT&T, I don't know, but this whole thing is so messed up. 

If I thought it would do anything I would file an $800 claim in small claims court or something. Obviously, nothing would come of that. So apparently I have no other choice but to continue paying off my new phone and then sever all ties with AT&T immediately afterward. And then convince everyone I know to leave AT&T as well.

Community Support

• 

229.5K Messages

5 months ago

Hello @twlandry,

Please be mindful about the tonality and language. AT&T Community Forum does not tolerate usage of any curse words or abusive words.

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

4 Messages

5 months ago

File a complaint with BBB. You’ll get a call next day and get it fixed. They take those seriously apparently. I had the same issue as you and they fixed everything and I got my credits immediately 

• 

6 Messages

5 months ago

File BBB claim. It worked for me. Same issue....took almost 2 years but I finally got credited.

4 Messages

5 months ago

I purchased 3 I phone 14 plus at my local Sam’s club. I was told by the sales lady that at@t had a promotion on new customers. The promotion was to trade in your old phones and get a deal on a new phone and receive monthly credits on your bill. So I purchased 3 I phones on February 26,2023. March 1,2023 I received all 3 cell phones and it included another box with a label that I had to send all 3 of my old phones in. March 15,2023 I went to the post office and mailed the phones off. In June I noticed my bill was still high and I had received not one credit to my account. I asked the representative what happened to my credits and they stated that they did not see a trade in slip in my account so I asked them if they seen the label that they sent me to send my old phones and they said no. I was told that the new phones were $800 each but with the trades my phones and my daughters phones would be $500 each and my sons phones would be $100 and I would get the credits added to my bill and the change of the new phones would be posted to my account. None of this happened and I am now left with no information on my old phones I sent to atat and no credits to my account. I also reached out to the postal service to see if they could find it and due to the time frame of six months since I mailed them off they were not able to find them. I sent a email to atat dispute department and received an email response that stated that they called me but they did not get an answer but I had no missed calls from them so I emailed the representative at the office of president informing them that I did not receive a call I only received and email. I also called them and received no response. This situation has left me in a financial strain that has caused me some hardships. I have made calls and emails but no one can seem to help me. I feel like I was lied to and pushed into a situation that I would have never willingly got myself into. This is overwhelming and stressful and I haven’t received any help. This is horrible 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

5 months ago

@Ruff43 

Do you still have the counter receipt from the post office?  You need some kind of proof that you shipped your phones

4 Messages

5 months ago

I don’t have it any more. It’s been six months. When I took the phones to the post office and received the drop off slip I never thought I would have to keep it because figured I would be ok. But that is not the case.

4 Messages

5 months ago

@formerlyknownas , what is confusing to me is the fact that At@T has no copy of the return postage slip that was sent to me. They have the information that the new phones got to me but no information on the return postage. 

4 Messages

5 months ago

I was also able to get my IMEI numbers for two of my cell phones but wasn’t able to get it for the other because my daughter forgot her PIN numbers to get into her account. I gave the representative from atat the IMEI numbers and nothing came up. This situation has left me regretting ever walking in Sam’s club and getting any of these phones.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.