AT&T lost my trade-in phones
On 11/14/2019 I switched from Verizon (worst decision I ever made) to AT&T and activated 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 10+s. I did this online and was trading in 3 phones for $700 credit towards each phone. It said online that they would send a white envelope to send the trade-ins to AT&T. I never received that envelope so I called on 12/05/2019 to see what I needed to do to send my trade-in phones. The person I spoke with said they would email me shipping labels. I printed the labels I was emailed and mailed the phones via USPS as instructed on 12/08/2019. The tracking # records the phones arriving at an AT&T return center in Fort Worth TX on 12/18/2019. From there no one has any idea what happened to these phones......
Told by the first representative that they were in Tulsa and I would need to drive over 100 miles to retrieve them myself. (I was looking at the tracking info that said they were at the AT&T warehouse in Fort Worth TX)
I insisted for 30 minutes that I wanted to speak to a supervisor who magically saw that the phones were in the Fort Worth warehouse. Told to wait 2 weeks as the shipping labels I had been emailed were incorrect and the phones needed to be shipped to the appropriated warehouse to be processed.
Called to check and was told the phones were still in the Fort Worth warehouse and they would be processed at their current location. Told to wait as this could take up to 6 weeks.
Told they were still being processed but it should be completed within the week and needed a supervisors authorization. Told to wait
Told they were now unable to locate the phones and they would search for them. Told to WAIT.
Figured I would give them a billing period to look.
Told they were still searching and would now expedite the search to the next level someone would email me within 72 hours with the results. AND TO WAIT.
Told they had no record of anyone ever putting in a search request.....They would now put in a request and expedite this with a response in 72 hours. WAIT.
Told the search would be expedited and I would be contacted in 72 hours. This time was given a ICU case #. AND TOLD TO WAIT.
Figured with all the Covid craziness I would give them a few weeks.
Told the search would again be expedited and I would be contacted in 72 hours.
Now I am getting worried that these phones are completely lost and will never be found! Am I just out the cost of these 3 phones and the lost bill credits because AT&T emailed me the incorrect labels and then lost my phones. I feel that 4 months is more than enough time to resolve this issue.