AT&T back-office not following Customer Care agent's advice - Unlock Request
I am traveling internationally next week and I am frustrated with AT&T. Been their customer for ~13 yrs and getting junk in return. Any help or pointers would be appreciated.
Here are the facts:
- Trying to unlock iPhone 6 that I have had for 2+ years
- My online account says that I am eligible for upgrade
- Called customer service 4 times and EVERY agent agrees that I should be able to unlock as of 10/3/2016
- Self-service online unlock request doesn't get submitted and says account still under contract (no customer agent can see this)
- From my calls, agents put in service request for back-office to unlock the device (3 CMS# requests have already been created - latest one is CMS2016111_119765682)
- For each of the 3 requests, AT&T back-office rejects and closes it stating account is under contract
So, I am stuck unable to get device unlocked.
Thanks for your time to read and hopefully I can get some tips or resolution here...