For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
psavina's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 23rd, 2022 3:32 AM

Account disconnected issue and upgrade of my device

Last April my account was disconnected because my device was not compatible.

I would like to upgrade and get an iPhone 13 pro from AT&T, however I would like to ask if I can do this while keeping my old AT&T number.

I would also like to know if it is possible to use a second number, which I use abroad, with another carrier and if any special operations are required to do this.

Thank you very much for your help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

If your AT&T number was disconnected in April, it is unlikely you can retrieve the phone number. You had a limited amount of time to re-establish service with a compatible device.

You cannot use a non AT&T phone number with AT&T or any other US carrier. Just like you cannot port a u.s. number to another service provider in a different country.    The only way to use a foreign number in the USA is to Rome with that foreign carrier as the service provider. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Sure, you can use your Italian number on the iPhone but you need an unlocked iPhone, so don’t buy from ATT. Buy it directly from Apple.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you very much for your answer. I apologize if I was not clear with the second request. I have an Italian number that I would like to use when I travel in Europe. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the Italian number with the AT&T phone abroad in some way

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.