Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
mhaia081112's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Dec 6, 2014 12:37 AM

about upgrading

We switch to at-t January last year.. I want to upgrade a new phone..am I eligible for upgrading? If I am, how much do I need to pay for a new phone?

Thanks 🙂

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.5K Messages

6 y ago

I'm going to guess no. Check your account online to see if any of your lines are eligible for an upgrade.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

6 y ago

In general, you have full upgrade eligibility after you have completed the 24 months of your contact. Usually, you are able to get that full upgrade on the first of the month in which your contract expires. Now, if you aren't eligible for a full upgrade, you might be eligible for an "early upgrade". This is usually available after you have finished at least 12 months of your contract. This means you pay the full upgrade price plus an additional $250. With this being December, you are probably better off to wait the 3 weeks to save the $250 and get the full upgrade price.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

deenalove08

Guru

• 

901 Messages

6 y ago

So for the 2 yr contract you will have to wait till January, but I know for myself I was able to get a phone under the NEXT program even though I was less than a yr into my 2 yr contract.  So you are probably able to get a new phone under the NEXT program if you dont want to wait a month.  Also you will need to see if you are better off with the NEXT program or with a 2 yr contract depending on what plan you are on.  If you are on one of the newer Family shared plans it might be better to go on the NEXT program, but again it is different case by case.

Get started...

Ask a new question