Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
T

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jun 23, 2020 3:21 PM

$300 Credits Never Received

Hi, On October 28, 2019, an online agent convinced me to upgrade my iPhone 6s with a $300 Credit deal. He walked me through while I placed the order for an iPhone 11 in real time. The transaction completed successfully.

Ever since my iPhone 11 (128G) was activated and the old phone was traded in, I have been checking my account every month for the promised $300 credits and the $40 reimbursement from the trade-in. 

It’s been over 8 months now since I upgraded my iPhone 6s to iPhone 11. I still haven’t received $300 credits plus the $40 trade-in. I contacted AT&T numerous times. Sometimes it came really close. A manager promised I would see the reimbursement in the next statement. But it never happened.

As a loyal AT &T customer for more than 20 years, with a family of 5 in your Family Plan, I’m really disappointed at this kind of conduct. No one deserves to live on a false promise in today’s world. AT&T had a high reputation and should live up to its promise, but unfortunately, you’re now about to lose my trust. 

Please check the attached Chat Transcript where the agent clearly promised the $300 credit deal that attracted me into upgrading my iPhone.
Your help is much appreciated. The latest Case# CM20200618-753951

Once again, someone was supposed to get back to me with a resolution and nothing has happened so far.

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.7K Messages

2年前

this is a customer forum not at&t no one from at&t will see your request in your post

• 

3 Messages

2年前

Thanks for letting me know. Appreciated. Is there any other way to write to AT&T? Phone calls and chats have not been working for me. Email address to customercare@att.com bounced back. 

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

File a BBB complaint Online, AT&T will contact you. . 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

2年前

The trade-in for $300 in Bill credits happens on a monthly basis over 30 months. Which means you have a $10 credit against the installment. Have you checked your bill to see if you are receiving a $10 credit every month? 

You don't get both $300 in credits for the trade-in and a $40 trade in credit. 

When you trade it in your phone was the trade-in code applied?

The current trade in code is circled. 

• 

3 Messages

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. They didn't credit it to the monthly installment. At a recent chat with a manager, she denied such an offer by saying that offer was actually expired, even after I showed them that salesperson's written conversation. The Trade-in was through a label AT&T provided, UPS confirmed that my old iPhone was delivered to AT&T's facility.

• 

2 Messages

2年前

I have the same problem. I bought 2 iPhone 11s and traded in 2 iPhone 6s because the trade in value was $300 for the iPhone 6s at the time of the trade in. I have not received any credits and when I called they told me that the trade-in value was only $35. But that’s the current trade in value, not the value when I did the trade in.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

2年前

@Slavin 

Did you read the thread info?   Did you use the trade in code?  Are you on an unlimited data plan?

Depending on when you traded in your 6S the minimum trade in value to get a $300 credit over 30 months had to be 35, 40, or $60..   The most recent trade-in offer did not even except anything as old as a 6S and had a $60 minimum value through the trade-in program to get the $300.  
    As recommended in the earlier post file a Better Business Bureau complaint. It will be forwarded to AT&T who will contact you. At the very least you will find out why you did not qualify for the $300 credit

• 

2 Messages

2年前

We have never gotten our giftcards either. I called and called with no luck!! Good luck I hope you get your reward! 

• 

2 Messages

2年前

We used the code and I know it was valid for the iPhone 6 at the time. I guess it’s no longer valid for the iPhone 6 and it seems like they are applying the current promo versus the one that was in place at the time we did it.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

2年前

January 2020 traded in an iphone 7 plus for a $300 credit. NOTHING! They basically stole my phone and now they are playing dumb. It is absolutely a scam. They AT&T employees told me they get more than 30 calls a day with the same complaints and they can't keep up. What a racket they have going on.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.