oakley50's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 6, 2016 10:59 PM

WORST and INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE **STAY AWAY**

I recently had my ATT Digital Life security system installed 24hours ago, and since the I have spent 4+ hours on the phone with in incompetent group of people.

The installation went well and the gentlemen that installed it did a great job. However, there were pieces of the installaion I did not want instaled, for example the water sensors. This was established ahead of time and the technician knew not to install them, however he was instructed that he must register them to my system anyways and that when he leaves I would have to call and have them removed and then send them back to ATT. Makes sense right????

I spent 2+ hours yesterday trying to remove the equipement over the phone. They called back later that evening and told me they could not complete it and that I would receive another call today.

I didn't receive a call, so I called them myself. The employee that I talked to first spent about a half hour trying to remove them, but he did. He did what the people couldn't do the day before. But he also removed other devices that I did not want to. It isn't his fault he probably has a middle school education.

I called back  have the devices reprogramed back into my system. Another great customer service gentlemen (sarcasm) spent about 40min trying but guess what, we got disconnected and I don't get a call back.

So I call again and speak to someone else who fits the rest of them. About an hour goes by and we are able to get things up and running. Best part, he must have thought I was on hold and I heard him saying to someone else "I'm going to leave this guy on the phone for a little bit," and he comes back saying "hello can you hear me" and of course I can hear him and he can hear me, so he pretends to keep saying "hello can you hear me," and eventually it is disconnected.

I'm having ADT who is reputable come out and give me an estimate of packages this week, and that nice technician from ATT is going to have to remove everything in less than 1 week of install. 

What a joke and waste of life.

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

900 Messages

5 y ago

It's a toy system at best...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Oh God....I just had the system installed today and the keypad reads "System Under Test" and I have reached out to my technician asking is this normal, but have not heard back yet.  If the systems is under test, does it still work properly is my concern....smh!!!

I had Xfinity home security before, but I do not like Comcast at all, they are sheisters in my opinion and over charge for everything.  I hope this sytem proves to be a good decision on my part....thanks for your post

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

5 y ago

Hello @oakley50 & @geno2867

How have things been since your installation?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I agree! Too many incompetent employees that dont know what their doing. Was on the phone for 3 hours and got nothing done. Was told lie after lie, only to massage my ear. 

Never again!! Going to Spectrum!

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

5 y ago

We can help you!  If you are still experiencing issues with your system, please send a private message to this account and be sure to include your name, the service address, and a number where you can be reached.  

as3122

Former Employee

• 

26 Messages

5 y ago

it will stay in test mode for the first 24 hours after an installation

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.