Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Aug 27, 2016 7:32 PM

Why can't they get my alarm permit info straight??

I had my DigitalLife install over a month ago and they still can't get my alarm permit/jurisdiction info right.  I've called them no less than 6 times now starting before I even had my install.  They've called the Police Department who's jurisdiction I'm in and confirmed that I'm in that jurisdiction and they keep saying they'll get it updated.  Last weekend I called and the rep I talked to said he saw where my info was confirmed and said he would make sure the info was updated.  I just checked, still the WRONG info.

To top it off I'm now getting emails from them, that I can't reply to, saying I need to input my permit info.

What does it take to get them to get the info correct???

Responses

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Bump...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

[Filter: keyword] Yazhol's post body matched "bump", board "Digital_Life_Community_Suggestions".

Post Subject: Re: Why can't they get my alarm permit info straight??

Post Body:

Bump...

Body text "Bump" matched filter pattern "bump".

Post by User[id=3645429,login=Yazhol] has message uid 4905297.

Link to post: Re: Why can't they get my alarm permit info straight??

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.4K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @Yazhol

We are listening and want to help you! I am sorry to hear of your dealing with this issue. We appreciate you trusting us to help keep your home secure. Our Customer Support Leadership would like to expedite the resolution of this matter. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I'm in the same boat, except in my case, I have been a customer long enough for my alarm permit to expire. In Seattle, it is the policy that the permit relationship must be between Seattle Police and the alarm company-- Digital Life-- not with the client-- me. I too am getting alerts from Digital Life that my permit is expired. I have made SEVEN contacts including phone calls and chats. In most of those, Digital Life acknowledges that renewing the permit is their responsibility, and they keep saying that they are doing something, and I should see my permits page updated in "24 to 72 hours." They are tired of hearing from me. I know that because my 6th contact was with a customer service agent who flat out refused to even try to help. In my 7th, I spoke to a supervisor, who said that my permit had been renewed that day--2/3/20. Here it is 72 hours later, and no change: same info on the "Permits" page-- expired 1/1/20-- and same alerts. I figure I have paid for 5 weeks of non-service, since Digital Life says police may not respond if there is no active permit.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.4K Messages

@douglasmaines Hello. My apologies for the issues regarding your permit. I was able to locate your account based off of the email address that you used for the forum. I have submitted all of your information over to our permits team so that they can get this resolved for you asap. They will contact you once it has been resolved, usually 24-48 business hours. Once again, my apologies for the issue.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

Hello ATTDigitalLifeCS. Today, 2/8/20, I see a change in my Permits page. Where the "Expiration Date" field previously showed 1/1/20, it is now blank. Thank you for that. However, I am still getting the alert that says my permit is expired. In talking to CS again today, it seems to be a programming issue that the alert will not clear. As far as they can tell, the form is designed not to allow date changes in the "Expiration Date" field if there is not a number in the "Permit #" field. (It shows "REGISTERED.") And the expired permit alert will not clear unless there is a date in the "Expiration Date" field. Until the programming issue is resolved, they said I can ignore the alert.

• 

3 Messages

I am happy to report that expired permit alert has now been cleared by the Digital Life Team. Good job, guys! And thank you.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…