Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 2:16 PM

Warning. Moving service to new address will cost $550+.

I recently moved and switched my services to the new address. I have all my services with ATT phone, internet, tv, cellphone, and security. I was able to transfer the other services for free and without issue.

I was told to transfer my digital life services I would have to sign another 2 year contract, and pay for new equipment which was 350 dollars. I talked to 4 people to get an explanation for this and no one could tell my why I am required to do this other than they changed their policy and it's procedure. I get off the phone to look at other options.

I call a week later and am told that it is now a 550 dollar charge for new equipment and a new 2 year agreement. 

THESE PEOPLE MAKE UP THE RULES AS THEY GO. DO NOT TRUST THEM.

I will be canceling my services tomorrow (the best 100 dollars I'll ever spend) and going with someone else.

There are way better and cheeper home security options that don't require ANY contract.

Don't use a company that is going to charge you 500 dollars EVERY time you move, that is insulting.

Responses

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

2 years ago

@justinfricks  Hello. If you would please click on my user name and then click "Send PM" to send me a message with your name, address, contact info and account number, I would be happy to take a look into this and see if there is anything that I can do to assist you with this. Thank you

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

2 years ago

@Anonymous  Hello. I responded to your private message.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

3 months ago

@pplla2006 Hello. It is true that our move policy changed in Jan. 2018. If you would like to respond back with your current account number or address, i can take a look and see what other options that we may have for you in order to reduce that cost. I have marked your post private so that your personal information is not publicly shared. Thank you

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

3 months ago

@rchiang13   Hello. If you would reply back with your address, I can take a look to see what we installed in the home, verify with you what equipment is still there (sometimes previous homeowners will remove pieces of equipment) and then provide you with an option for activating. I have marked this post private so that your personal information is not publicly shared. Thank you

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

3 months ago

@rchiang13  Hello again. Thank you for providing the address. Unfortunately, we no longer activate new service in CA. We only provide service to our existing customers there.  My apologies , however we cannot provide you with service.

Get started...

Ask a new question