NEVERAGAINALARM's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Jun 8, 2016 4:04 AM

Sold our house! Transfer Billing Responsibility IMPOSSIBLE

Question: HOW DO YOU TRANSFER BILLING RESPONSIBILITY TO NEW HOME OWNERS AFTER YOU SELL YOUR HOME???

BACK STORY: I began the process January 15, 2016 with phone support  Sherrica to learn if and when we sold our home how you moved, transferred account owner or cancelled service. I was told we could move service - so that is what I requested, and they would inform a case manager in that department. Then, after hearing nothing, on 2/11/16 I got a notification that my billing address was changed without my permission.

>RECORDS: 

I spoke with Sherrica - 1/15/16

AT&T Alarm - April 8th, 2017 contract ends w/ a  $399.97 closing fee.  Each month will decrease a little on payment. IE, on the Feb. 8th, $373.30.  The day we call is the day it stops.  You can transfer it into new home owners name. They will do a name change, but I have to call back with new home owners contact info or with them on the line. There will be no fee’s to do this.

Called right back to ask about moving fees if I decide to move and t hey said they setup a movers case, contract renews 2 years, a technician will be in contact with me. 

2/11/16 -   I called At&t spoke to  Romario because my billing address had changed again automatically w/o my permission.  He said he didn't know why, but guessed the USPS changed the billing address w/o my permission on my account because I notified the post office I moved. I said this is not ok, was not approved.  He removed the $9.99 camera fee charge because in previous calls I turned that feature off and told me to go ahead and make payment so I did.

He’s now processing our moving location & said the moving team will call and email me to get things setup. Moving date he said was set to the 18th, discontinuing service at old address on the 18th he confirmed.

2/17/16 - I called At&t spoke to Eleanor  because I’ve heard nothing from anyone. She says it shows no record of anything ever being requested. So I was upset, had planned a day off, and said just to cancel the service this was non-stop mistakes by AT&T and she certainly did not care, and she transferred me to the department to cancel, but they were closed. It said to call back during normal business hours: 855-288-2727 + 2

2/23/16 then  Emails from Danica began 2/23/16 out of the blue!

TOMS, DANICA kept calling and emailing me about moving our service even though it’s not something I want any longer. Nor did I request after the last call. I no longer even trust this company!!!!

3/8/16 -   I called At&t spoke to Veronia - 1:30pm  To discuss transferring the service to new home owners who bought our house and do want the alarm. YAY I'm rid of this crappy company! She said she will create a case. Asked for my phone number. Asked for the name of new home buyer, the address of the home. She says she needs his phone number and email address and said she cannot put in the transfer case until she has that information. I don't know this, so I will call back.

3/8/16 -   I called At&t spoke to  Shannon - 4pm Called to give new home owner’s info to them. Email, phone and name. She is trying to process this. They said he  will receive a call within 24-72 hours

3/14/16 -   I called At&t spoke to  Tim - 4:15pm  Call to ask what is the status of everything. He said records showed I had a call on the 12th and got an update but I did not. He says all we need to do is call this same number, Call 855.288.2727 - option #4 change billing responsibility -  he stated that we (me and new homeowner) have to call at same time - together or 3 way call and get it to transfer. Then said I  will receive a call within 24-72 hours to follow up with their Case manager to process this for April 30th home closing date. He confirmed.

4/28/16 - Chatted with support because I've never heard from anyone!!!!!! They said I had to call 855-288-2727 Option 5 - they have not heard from the new home owner to transfer billing responsibility. They told me he has to call THEM! WHAT? The story changed EVERY TIME I CALL!

May 3rd -   I called At&t  with new home owner Pat on 3 way call like I was told to do and got NO WHERE AGAIN! They COULD NOT HELP US they said! They said the transferring department has to call the new homeowners on there own time. HUH? So we just hung up with no resolution or answers.

May 5th -   I stopped by our old house to try to call together again with the new homeowners and added them to my account online and still got no where. I now gave them my social security number, passwords, safe word, and all my info. As the alarm is on and working in their home, that I no longer own, but my name and numbers is on everything. Here's hoping and praying for no break ins since it won't help them and will call me!

May 31st -   I called At&t spoke to Romain & then Theresa 9:43pm,  My address all along keeps changing without my permission on my account to my new home address. IT WILL NOT LET ME UPDATE the system online or on the app. Romain is having issues changing my address also in his system so he got Theresa on the line to help. He did get the address updated in the system. He’s added the new home owners name and cell again to request we transfer service AGAIN, and will be expediting the transfer. They did say they will call June 2nd in the evening the new homeowner. The new homeowner agreed to babysit her phone for days and wait. This is ridiculous. 

June 2nd - Live Chatting with Latoya 3:20pm because my address keeps changing without my permission to our new home from the where the service address is & it will not let me update it myself. She changes it but likes to keep telling me I can do it on my own but I tell her it does not let me. I get an error each time!

June 4th -   I called At&t spoke to  Shina - 8:14am - The new homeowner never got any call or message. She says t here’s nothing I can do. They will keep calling the new home owners. The new home owners have no record of calls, missed call or message. Stating they have not called her and she’s been babysitting her phone. I confirmed her number was correct. I’m 100% at a loss now.

June 6th - 2:26pm - Live Chatted w/ them to get address changed again back to original home address, it's not changing it to a new "installation" and billing to the WRONG ADDRESS - the system changed it again without my permission. It's a daily thing now!

June 6th - 4:53pm - Samajia - Called and talked to her because i t was not submitted correctly. It’s was not done right via chat. She says that the transfer was not submitting correctly and that they did not in fact call, So she is going to resubmit the transfer request again, and says they will try again to call the new home owner, who is STILL WAITING BY HER PHONE DAILY! SO SAD!

June 7th - Devin 10:19pm to change the address again of course because AT&T keeps changing MY ADDRESS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, they changed it to the wrong house number and wrong street. It’s completely WRONG and I cannot change it or stop it from happening - GRRRR!

June 7th - Sandra - 10:45pm - called but s he couldn’t tell me anything - said to call back 8 - 5 M-F Central - nice! 

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @NEVERAGAINALARM

We are listening and want to help you! I am very sorry to hear of all the issues you've experienced attempting to transfer the responsibility of your account. Our Customer Support Leadership would like to expedite the resolution of this matter. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

I just sent you a message with everything. I mistakenly clicked above as "Accepted Solution" which is incorrect. Fingers crossed this nightmare will end soon. I appreaciate any and all help!

jcjazzbo

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

6 y ago

Wow, your case sounds very much like mine when I attempted to change the billing from my father to me. I too had to place as many calls and experienced the same type of incompetent service. Here's my post in this same forum.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Billing-Payments/Warning-about-Digital-Life-and-Unfullfilled-Promises/m-p/4812190#M417

Hope that they don't decide to change the equipment with an account change which they did in my case for no reason. Keep us posted on your progress.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Good luck to you too! Megan from AT&T did call today and left me a message. She stated she is the excalations manager to tell me she sent it over to the transfer department & will call me back tomorrow. Here's hoping to goodness they will simply just call the new home owners. They have been waiting weeks & weeks. AT&T actually calling me is 1 step forward in the right direction!

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @NEVERAGAINALARM

Happy to hear we were able to get you called quickly.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Update: The new homeowner just called me now and said she had a call with Megan and did get everything transferred over into their name. She also spoke with Ricky, a technician who will be coming the 20th to install some new items. I am hoping this is a happy ending to a very very long and exhausting and time consuming battle! 

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @NEVERAGAINALARM

I'm sorry it took getting here to get this issue resolved. Nonetheless, I'm pleased to hear we were able to help you.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Just wanted to update you that we have received a bill and I've called Megan the Digital Life Esclation Manager twice now about this, we also have received phone calls about the alarm going off as well at the new homeowners house! Megan has still not called me back. I will try customer service now in hopes that this nightmare will end soon. Only have worked on this for 7 months! 😞

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 y ago

Called and was transferred to Shaneek - July 14th 855-288-2727

Talked w/ them about the bill I currently received. She had me on hold forever!!! Trying to get the account completely cancelled and closed and credit back my account. WHEW.

Successfully cancelled per Shaneek - I did get an email confirmation. Here's hoping I'm truely removed from AT&T Digital Life. I promise I'll never use them again.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.