Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jul 31, 2015 3:36 PM

new alarm installation - now garage door opener no longer works...

We recently had the alarm system installed and I have really been looking forward to this!  We actually were supposed to be installed a month ago, but they were over booked, so we were put off until July 25th. 😞

When we initially signed up for the system and were building the package I was told that the key fob I was getting was actually a garage door opener, which was great because we currently had 3 cars and 2 remotes. (This was incorrect...it DOES NOT open the garage, but I did not find this out until the 2nd technician came out on the 27th...)

When the technician arrived the morning of the 25th he assessed the area, checked my garage door opener twice to make sure it worked (once was for the sensors), and got to work.  He was done within about 3.5 hours, showed me how to use the keypad and was quickly on his way to other appointments.

Our problem is...my daughter informed me a few hours later that the garage door wouldn't close.  It won't work from the wall button or the 2 remotes.  I called a technician out on Monday the 27th and he checked the alarm system which is working fine and looked at my garage door opener and came to the conclusion that it is the opener.  He said there is nothing they can do about this and that it was "probably just a coincidence that my opener must have been breaking at the same time the alarm equipment was being installed..."

I have talked to customer service twice about this, and while they have been very nice, they are telling me that it is my problem.  Apparently the 1st technician noted in the account that he noticed a problem with my garage door opener during installation, but he never brought it to our attention, he just continued with the installation.  We have not had any issues with our opener at all previously, and I park in the garage so it is opened & closed numerous times a day every day.

I have a couple problems with the above situation....

A.) we should have never been told that the key fob would act as a "garage door opener" in the beginning.  I would have never ordered a key fob if I knew it would only enable & disable the alarm, I would have chosen a different item.   

B.) the 1st technician should have said something to one of us if he noticed an issue with the garage door opener before connected the alarm equipment to it.  We could have avoided this whole mess if I would have known and stopped him from installing that product.

I honestly can't believe that AT&T would just let a customer of almost 15 years down like this.  I feel it is very poor customer service.  I honestly am about to the point of having you come remove the system altogether, which is very frustrating...

Responses

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@kdbailey

We are listening and want to help you! I am sorry to hear of your installation issue. We appreciate you trusting us to help keep your home secure. Our Customer Support Leadership would like to expedite the resolution of this matter. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number

Thank you again for the gift of feedback. Not only do we look forward to resolving this matter, but we will also use this opportunity to further improve our overall customer experience.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I have heard from AT&T and we are working this out.  🙂

Candice in customer service was very pleasant each time we talked, and Ryan has been great!!   

I knew this would turn out OK which is why I have never changed carriers over the years even though there have been many offers & temptations.  I truly appreciate all the help and will continue to refer AT&T as always...

• 

3 Messages

@kdbailey

Hi,

Could you tell me what did you do to correct the problem with your garage doors?

Thank You

Bob (Edited per guidelines)

(edited)

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

I'm happy to hear that you're comfortable with the resolution we're moving toward. We appreciate you trusting us to help keep your home secure.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

Hi,

Could you tell me what did you do to correct the problem with your garage doors?

Thank You

Bob Fritch

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.9K Messages

Hello. Are you referring to an AT&T product. If so, can you please provide more detail? Thank you.

• 

3 Messages

Hi,

This is a post of a new home alarm system that was installed and the remote controls for the electric garage door openers stopped working. I was looking for the reason the remote controls stopped working. I have friends that have this problem and they asked for my help. I have no information on the system at this time, any Information would be appeiciated. It most likly interference from the wireless sensors.

Get started...

Ask a new question