Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
J

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 19, 2022 8:50 PM

Need help to remove digital life equipment left by previous homeowner

The previous owner left some digital life equipment in our new house. See photos. How do we remove it? Don’t see screw to remove the white box. Can you tell me where it is? Also the plug in last 2 pics is hard-wired into an outlet, I believe. Do I jus have an electrician come out to remove? Thank you! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

8 m مضت

@JillFuller 

Hello,

That equipment actually looks like AT&T internet equipment, not AT&T Digital Life. I am with Digital Life but I am not familiar with that equipment. It appears to be a power backup for your internet or AT&T phone. I would recommend having a handyman/professional remove the equipment, especially the red wire coming from the wall, if you are not comfortable working with electrical power..

I do believe the top portion of the white box with the AT&T logo can pulled out to reveal the mounting screws or the bottom portion may be popped off to reveal screws. 

• 

2 Messages

8 m مضت

Thank you! 

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.4K Messages

8 m مضت

It’s an ont (optical network terminal) it means you have fiber internet. I’d leave it in place if you plan on getting internet. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.4K Messages

8 m مضت

There’s ten thousand forum subscribers that would love to have that little white box in their house. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.