Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
xela58's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 31, 2018 12:22 PM

Need accessibility for deaf users

I've called AT&T quite a few times about this issue and everyone I talk to seems to think I'm either an id!ot or insane. My partner is deaf, and on more than one occasion, they have come home after thinking they turned off the alarm via the app (it doesn't always work) only to set off the alarm (and have no idea because they can't hear it), and I've had to walk out of a meeting to answer the monitoring service and tell them we don't need the police. Either that, or I don't even know my partner is home and I freak out and think we have a break in and tell them, yes, send the police. 

Is there some sort of way to add a visual notification in the house to let my partner know that they have 60 seconds to turn off the alarm on the keypad? Connecting it with the smart plug will not work because we usually leave that light on after dark. If we could make it flash on and off then it would work, but I don't see any options to do so. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

4 y مضت

@xela58  Hello. When disarming the system via the app, it is important to wait until the disarming is complete in the app before entering the home. It can take a few seconds for it to disarm, and I myself have even set the alarm off because I had either selected disarm in the app and didn't wait for it to complete or I closed the app thinking it was done. This could be one of the reasons it seems to not work to disarm. There is a visual way to alert that the alarm is still on, i am attaching an example of a program that can be created where you can have a light flash 6 times when the system is armed. The attachment is not the exact program but it shows you the example of how to do this. The light that you want to flash will need to be on the Digital Life system via a smart plug. If you have a second one of these that you can use , could you set it up on another lamp that doesn't interfere with the one you leave on at night? Let me know if you have any other questions.

Program.jpg

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.