Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Dec 1, 2016 12:31 PM

my-digital life Webpage displays "Connection Lost" message in Chrome

I am trying to log into the My-Digital Life page via my desktop computer. As soon as my account screen pulls up, I get a display box stating the connection is lost and it attempts to reconnect. The page never reconnects, no matter how long I leave it there, I am unable to click anything else on the page while this box is up, and my only option is to click "Log-Out" and try agin. Is there a fix for this? The digital life app on my iPhone works fine.  

I only have this issue in Chrome, IE seems to work fine as well. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

2 years ago

@HarleyDF  Hello. In Chrome and Safari there is the ability to have multiple tabs open at the same time... once you close them, and then reopen them, it takes you back to where you were previously if you have that feature enabled (it defaults to it)... if this is enabled on your computer, it tries to reopen where you were previously and attempts to log into your Digital Life.. .then it times out because it's trying to log back in after a delay and it times out (as DL auto times out after a certain period of time)....  Can you check to see if you have this feature enabled and if you do, turn it off.. .that should clear up the issue. I hope that this made sense.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

8 Messages

I have the same problem . I've various browsers, Firefox, IE, and Safari. All do the same, Appear to login in then loose connection. It also could explain why my Direct Tv will not connect to DL now ( I still get motion alerts popups on the DTV). IS there a particular router setting I need to check?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

@Jbam Hello. Have you cleared your cache/cookies/history? Also, in Chrome and Safari there is the ability to have multiple tabs open at the same time... once you close them, and then reopen them, it takes you back to where you were previously if you have that feature enabled (it defaults to it)... if this is enabled on your computer, it tries to reopen where you were previously and attempts to log into your Digital Life.. .then it times out because it's trying to log back in after a delay and it times out (as DL auto times out after a certain period of time).... Can you check to see if you have this feature enabled and if you do, turn it off.. .that should clear up the issue. I hope that this made sense. As for the DTV, Are you not able to launch the DL app at all on DTV?

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

8 Messages

Its also happening on Firefox and IE. Previously it worked fine on DTV. currently the DTV app juust appears not to do anything - no error pops up, but I still get the motion detected alerts from the cameras on DTV. It works fine from my IPhone app. I recently swapped out my wifi router.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

@Bam IE is not the best option. Firefox, I would ask if you have cleared the cookies and cache/history as well cause the same issues can happen that happen with chrome and safari regarding those. Regarding DTV, I tagged you on another post that I marked private so i can get some account information from you.

• 

8 Messages

Its now working on Firefix after I cleared the cache. Looking for the DTV post now.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

@Bam Make sure you are logged into the forum or you won't see the private post

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

@Bam Hello again. You may not be able to see the private post I made. If you could create a brand new post in this forum with limited information, then i can mark it private and obtain your info.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Panthers65 Thank you for the feedback.

Other forum users, is anyone else seeing this same issue with chrome?

• 

1 Message

I am currently having this issue using Chrome. Today is 4/30/2020. This problem just started about a month ago for me.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

@akbishai01 Hello. Have you cleared your cache/cookies/history? Also, in Chrome and Safari there is the ability to have multiple tabs open at the same time... once you close them, and then reopen them, it takes you back to where you were previously if you have that feature enabled (it defaults to it)... if this is enabled on your computer, it tries to reopen where you were previously and attempts to log into your Digital Life.. .then it times out because it's trying to log back in after a delay and it times out (as DL auto times out after a certain period of time).... Can you check to see if you have this feature enabled and if you do, turn it off.. .that should clear up the issue. I hope that this made sense.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yes, it is definitely a Chrome issue. I had the same message screen logging in, then tried on Safari and it worked fine.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same problem; however, I do not have the option of using a different browser, because I am using a Chrome OS. It's up to date, flash is updated.  It's supposed to be compatible according to this link, so gurrr. I just called support, first they tried re-synching my account, that did not work. I mentioned that this issue has been mentioned on the forum by others, but according to the support rep. I am the only one having this issue...weird. They are supposed to call me back in 30-40mins with a solution...hopefully.

-dyr 

Former Employee

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Having same issue with Safari browser as well, mobile app too.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I'm using safari and it doesn't work.  Using the digital life tablet and it doesn't work either.  This same problem happens repeatedly - particularly since the most recent update.  

My experience with at&t apps is that they're rarely released without serious Issues (digital life, DIRECTV, directv now are good examples), but they eventually get them fixed.  My concern with digital life is that it's a home security product and because of that they should pay attention to quality control before releasing a flawed product where there may be serious consequences if it doesn't work properly.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

4 years ago

We apologize for this inconvenience. All app and web portal issues have been resolved. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm still experiencing issues using chrome. I log in and it tells me connection lost and never reconnects.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

4 years ago

I'll refer this matter to our tech support team and report back here with details as soon as available.  Thank you for sharing!

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

879 Messages

4 years ago

"We apologize for this inconvenience. All app and web portal issues have been resolved. Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.  "

Not true - I still can't get logged in today... no way to arm my system...  This is a very unreliable/useless system. Works 75% of the time. That's not good enough.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

4 years ago

Are you using a Mac or PC when attempting to login to the website?

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

879 Messages

4 years ago

I'm on a PC...

it works with IE (Edge), but no longer works with Firefox. (v50.1.0)

it used to work on all my browsers....

thanks for any help you can provide...

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for responding.  I'll escalate this matter and report back with answers as quickly as possible.  

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

879 Messages

4 years ago

For what it's worth, it looks like they fixed the bug in browser compatibility...

I'll await the next issue now....  🙂

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

879 Messages

4 years ago

And just like that - your servers are returning the same error again.... Not fixed...

Get started...

Ask a new question