Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
dimit007's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jun 24, 2017 5:28 PM

Moving

Is has any one done a move or cancellation of services with uninstalling equipment?  I am currently military and am on the way out; we are transitioning for a year to a location that is not covered by Digital Life.  We would like to keep our equipment so that we can use the service again at a final permanent location but tech support and customer service say they will not assist in removal of the installed hardware (digital lock, siren, control box, key pad, etc).  Is this truly the way it works?  If they are just willing to wash their hands of a customer since the equipment has been purchased, rest assured I won't be willing to buy the equipment again - I'll go with ADT or something else for the rest of my life.

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

900 Messages

4 y ago

I'm disappointed to hear that ATT would treat one of our County's heros this way...

Very disappointing.

They should bend over backwards for you.... (Thank you!)

Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

4 y ago

AT&T suggestion is to leave the equipment whether you are moving to a new digital life location or not. They do not put your old equipment back (like a lock)  If you are moving to a new location WITH digital life, they help with setting up equipment at a new location. Currently the offer is to only pay 29.99 with smart security with camera and door packages, so their stance makes sense to me. Yes you will need a new contract particularly since you are not at your permanent location. (But you would need that anyway) That does not keep you from taking the equipment, the siren is unplugging from electrical outlet after removing a screw. If it were me, I would probably remove the Yale lock and put the other back on.  But no they do not remove old equipment.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.