Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
cstewart512's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jul 31, 2017 10:07 PM

Moving my Digital Life Service has been more stressful than my entire Move

I've been a long time AT&T customer and have had my Digital Life Service less than 1 year, I don't understand why Digital Life needs to run my credit again to move my service and I need to agree to a new 24 mo. contract. I would like to keep my service to fulfill my original contract  (which I have more than a year left) but to say it's policy for you to run my credit again and force me into another 2 yr. contract because I moved seems like strong-arming to me. This is just not right and can't be legal. Anyone else have this problem when they moved?

Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

Il y a 5 y

I think others have. I think this is standard operating practice. The digital life agreement is for the address it is established for. That is the reason for the 24 month contract for them to recoup their upfront costs. Once you move they will reestablish service at the new location (DLC, control panel, siren) and you can take any sensors from the old location and move them.

Per digital life CS, Digital Life service is essentially tied to the location. If you move locations it will require a new contract and term of service.  You also have the choice of paying the ETF. If it was a month or two, that might make sense. Maybe not for a year.  But it is certainly legal. 

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.