Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
MR1568's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Dec 6, 2016 6:29 PM

Key fobs please.

Trying to unlock front door, it's saying time out. Locks really late. I don't like the slowness of this app. I am disable and I believe that the key should work to unlock the doors for our homes too. We have cars that key fobs unlock them before we reach the car. Why not the say for door locks. I have the design people should be able to unlock the door just like the alarm. Please work on the app it goes entirely to slow unlocking my door and alarm. Thank you,
Monroe 
One of AA&T's greatest supporters.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

6 y مضت

Thanks so much for the feedback, Monroe! That is also a fantastic idea for the key fob to work with the door locks.  I will pass along this suggestion to the appropriate team as feedback.  

directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

908 Messages

6 y مضت

Can you create a program that unlocks the door when the system disarms? And locks when arming?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y مضت

Thanks for responding, 🤔yes I have tried that. That is another head scratcher for me. My installer didn't completely explain to me how my alarm works.He was in a hurry. Somethings I had to figure out. I didn't understand him. My biggest problem is the app on my iPhone moves slowly over to tell my door to lock. No I'm not that far away from modem. I'm not angry either. I believe in staying with the team even though the partners have had the craziest season.

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

6 y مضت

We can help, @MR1568.  Check your inbox for a private message.  Thanks!

DanUlrich

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

6 y مضت

POST THE SUGGESTIONS HERE, AT&T DL SUPPORT!!??!!

Private Messeges are nice and all, but how can the community learn when you don't post and share the information when a topic such as this is so important.

For me, i've taken the extra steps to purchase the expensive AT&T Door Keypad, and linked some programs to it.  So when my dis-abled son arrives at home, and the alarm is ARMED, and he touches with the back of his hand, the front door pad, and puts in his code, it unlocks the door and dis-arms the system.  Then after watching that he would frequently forget to re-lock the door upon entering because of his issues (disabled) I have a program that waits for 1 minute, then locks the front door again.  I also have added programs that arm my system at 10pm and 2am just to make sure we didn't forget or make a mistake, and when arming, I have it lock (again) the front door and make sure my garage door is closed if someone accidentally left it open.

also, as a suggestion, I have my keyfob for both my wife and I so that when leaving the house, and in the car, in the driveway, we can use the Keyfob to set the alarm to ARMED-AWAY or similar, and it will automatically lock the front door (in case) and close the garage door (in case) and set the alarm as described.  Most of the time we enter the house through our Garage, so this works nicely.  We require our dis-abled son to use the front door, and use his PIN number so we know when he comes and goes and use that automation also, nicely. 

we find the KEYFOB is immediate, and has no delay at all. 

SUGGESTION I'VE SUBMITTED TO AT&T DL LONG AGO, and OFTEN SINCE:  Allow me to create a program for a SPECIFIC KEYFOB, to run a program.

When KEYFOB NAMED X or with X serial number sets to ARMED AWAY - do the following actions.  (then setup all the required information you'd like to run, including maybe notification to a specific email address that shows youre wife has left the house for work...or child to school if this is appropriate...). 

When I leave for work, as example, with my KEYFOB, I have a different situation at home than when my Wife leaves each day.  In terms of who is home and what actions should occur. 

So if we could have the KEYFOBS listed as a DEVICE individually, we could setup actions and nested programs to perform based on delays, or timings or circumstances.  This would help improve the likelihood that mistakes would not be made, or when life is busy and kids or wife or myself is really not thinking clearly, things are fully and completely secure.

KEYFOBS are great for immediate action.  Lets take advantage of the great work AT&T has done with 'custom programs' and take full advantage of these things! 

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

6 y مضت

@DanUlrich We frequently have to communicate sensitive account information back and forth with customers. Legally, we cannot exchange that information on a public thread. Therefore, we have to use private message. I understand it limits information at times but its the only safe way to communicate sensitive account information.

To your recommendation regarding the keyfob. I agree, having the ability to initiate programs specifically from the keyfob would be helpful. I will send this recommendation to our app team. We may having something in the works already. 

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.