Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
XXLEONARD's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jan 21, 2016 4:32 AM

Just got AT&T digital life, horrible horrible service, DO NOT GET AT&T digital life

damaged my property, horrible installation, horrible customer service and immense lack of responsibility from AT&T agents, technician and supervisors.

I just got my digital life security system installed (01/16/2016). I got their highest package that they offer and even purchased additional equipment worth close to $550.

First, the technician left the installation incomplete and said he has another appointment and would come back tomorrow and gave his cellphone to follow up. He did not come back the day after and said over the phone that he will come back the next day (two days after first installation). Guess what, he did not come back and also never answered his cellphone. So I got an incomplete installation on my hand.

Second, he damaged one of my windows so bad when he was trying to check the contact sensor because he was in rush and trying to open everything unreasonably fast. Now I have to pay a couple of hundreds of dollar to fix it because AT&T don’t care (see next lines for explanation).

Third, I submitted a damage claim on 01/17/2016. They said they will response within 24-48 hrs but still nothing from them.

Fourth, I called At&T about the incomplete installation and I was shocked by how irresponsible the customer service agent replied. She said they can’t do anything about it and the only thing is that she can reschedule a technician for 10 days after original installation. I was really shocked that they did not do anything about a fact that their technician just left the installation incomplete and never came back as he said he would.

So, what I asked was to talk with a supervisor and she said right away that no one is available (without really checking). She did not even check it and rejected my request for talking with supervisor. After I insisted she put me on hold to find a supervisor. However, after 40 minute call she said the supervisor is busy and will give me a call back right after he is finished with his phone. Guess what, that never happened.

So AT&T don’t care about customer satisfaction and property damage and also dumping equipment without complete installation is OK in their system because they think they are too big to fail.

Please do a favor to your family and do not make any business with AT&T.  

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 y ago

I agree, had my install the 12th and had problems in two days.  Called and got the run around.  Substandard equipment, poor customer service (the call center primarily), and was told by on AT&T employee I could understand the call center was in Jamaica.  I had a reply from one AT&T employee stating their call centers are in Texas and Nevada.  Oh and I'm still waiting on a call back. 

I agree do not do business with the company. 

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @XXLEONARD

We are listening and want to help you! I am sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced. We appreciate you trusting us to help keep your home secure. Our Customer Support Leadership would like to look into this matter. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

I also have unfinished installation, one of the sensor is off line and some misc. 

Call customer service last Tuesday, schedule a technician to come on Thursday w/time frame 8:00-12:00.

The technician shows up at my door at 7:30am today, Thursday.  Finish the job in two hrs then run for other appt.

The 1st installation, the technician was also on time, very professional and helpful.  And I'm very happy w/ATT.

I think they are very busy, be patient and keep calling them.  Good luck.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

SAME here! I should've known from the beginning! My 1st install appt was scheduled on Jan 19th, not only did no one ever show up, no one called! I had to call and ask what in the world was going on after waiting ALL day for them, just to be told that the next avail install was not until sometime in Feb. Completely unexceptable! After hours and hours and days and days of phone calls I finally got an install date sooner. Then tech was here over 10 hours and still didn't finish, leaving me with a non functioning system and unpatched, exposed holes all around my house and window contacts that are falling off! Cameras don't work and glass break sensor that says it's been tampered with. Etc! And same thing the tech said someone would be out the next business day, no one came no answer on his phone and another dragged out service complaint call! They are definitely NOT invincible JUST because they are AT&T! I've heard nothing but horror stories about this service since I've started "investigating". And their "solution" to these posts are the "how can I help you" post like the one that they've left you here. How much more can they help now after the hours and numerous reps and supervisors already spoken to by phone!? This is all just simple ridiculous! And they need to be held accountable! This "oh sorry for your frustrations" speech is tired and old! Start making it right AT&T!

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

6 y ago

Hello @Cc5050

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced. We actually resolve issues via these "how can I help you" posts. We are here to help anyone that needs it. If your issue is still open and you'd like us to help you, please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 y ago

At this point it is NOT a my issue, it seems to be your companies issue! When numerous customers have almost identical complaints and take the time to express means your company has MANY issues! I have spoken to way to many reps and supervisors within your company with very little "help" or temporary solutions at best! Only for me to be defused for a very short amount of time until the next problem happens almost instantaneously! The issues at hand are far bigger than just correcting my service complaints! It seems to be a whole company wide (including sub contracted installation company/ies) AT&T has a HUGE internal short coming for this product! And unless you are the CEO, there is no way you can correct the issue at hand! How about you post something helpful to all on this forum and offer general solutions out loud, instead of trying to silence the complaints by privately messaging each customer, (per my private email I just received). I understand for security reasons a specific resolution can not be made in the forum but the problems seem to be fairly similar so a general "how to" is not far fetched!

Community Support

• 

6.6K Messages

6 y ago

@Cc5050

Global issues that can be publicly addressed are handled in that manner. However, private messages are requested because we deal with sensitive account information. I'm sorry we aren't able to help you however, we've helped many on this forum and will continue to do so. Also, keep in mind this forum is designed for customers to interact and share information. We try to help those who address issues and correct any incorrect information posted. Anyone requiring immediate resolution should contact Digital Life Support. However, we are always willing to help make things right if anyone feels they aren't getting support in other areas.

jbeezely

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

6 y ago

Sucks to hear that.  

But to provide a contrasting view.  I've had two other security companies prior to AT&T.  I have to say, AT&T has been the BEST security company I have ever had.  From customer service, to the technicians, and to the features of this overall package.

I paid close to $1800 on all the bells and whistles and couldn't be happier.

Just wanted to provide an alternative view to my experience.  

wdsteve

Scholar

• 

111 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks for your post. It's good to hear a satisfied customer. I do take a lot of these posts with a grain salt. It's like a trucking company can make a 1000 deliveries and never get a thank you. But let him miss one and it's the worse company in the world. I've been with AT&T since 1998 and always have had excellent service. Blows me away to hear some of these complaints. That's not to say some of them aren't legitimate complaints.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I agree, horrible service, horrible customer service, horrible follow up.  I've been getting the run around for over a week now for an appointment that no one bothered to show up for to install and I had to call over and over again and now I'm waiting on a resolution for an escalated case where someone will call me...  I've been promised a call multiple times and it hasn't happened so I'm not holding my breath.  

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.