Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
st11x's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Fri, Dec 9, 2016 6:11 AM

Inherited System, No Service

I bought a property and it came with DigitalLife. Without subscribing to the monitoring service, can I continue to use the system for local alarms?

It hasn't been armed, what if I arm it and accidentally triggered the system? How will I know or set the PIN to disarm it? Or does the PIN for disarming and exit delay only come into the picture when you have the service? 

I called AT&T but couldn't get a clear answer so I am hoping the community can help

Responses

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I, too, just "inherited" this system! It just beeps and I can not do a thing with it. I refuse to pay an overpriced fee for ATT. I cant use my interior door because its the Yale lock and I dont have a code for it! I call Customer Service and they tell me I have to get the info from the previous owner; that's not possible. This is BEYOND frustrating! Id like to use the cameras that are mounted outside; @ATTDigitalLifeCS can I get some help like I see youve done for some others on this thread?

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

6.2K Messages

7 months ago

Hello. If the system is beeping you can unplug it at the main controller and remove the battery. The code for the door lock is not something we have access to and never have as that is private customer information. You will have to obtain that from the prior homeowner or look up the master reset options on the internet for the model of door lock that you have .

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

We should be able to use keypad even though service is disconnected!

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

If this is my equipment, you need to free my equipment!

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.2K Messages

2 months ago

@bubba0411   Hello. My apologies for any issues that you are having. If you would like for me to take a look and see what we can do about the $600, I would be happy to. Please respond with your address so that I can locate the account. I have marked your post private so that your personal information is not publicly shared.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

Yes that may be true but I always took care of it the last time I couldn't because of the pandemic if uwould of let me pay a couple of payments it would of been fine I just don't understand how a company this big can push there costumes aside like nothing been a customer with the phone company att for 20 years never had one problem with customer service I called 4 times in the last 3 months got 4 different answers when I called during the pandemic I never was told it would cost 600 dollars to reinstate the bill absurd iam not asking to get reinstated for nothing the bills were always taking care of I just dident have the money at the time also I was told when I first bought the alarm that if u fault on the bill the alarm would still be a local system wich aint true so its ok for att tho jrk customers around and lie right to there face I need the alarm and live in a bad neighborhood but a billion dollar company wants to rip people of I have the equipment this is crazy and iam going to take this as far as I can 

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.2K Messages

2 months ago

@bubba0411  Hello. When you purchased the service you paid $49.99 for all of the security equipment. (The automation equipment was installment billed on your account). The $49.99 was a discounted price for approximately $700 in equipment. Previous to the Pandemic (3/2020) the account had been suspended multiple times for non payment as well as cancelled for non payment. This is where the charges are coming from.. the charges are to cover the cost of the equipment and a technician having to come out and get everything up and running. Since the account has been cancelled longer than 59 days it requires a new account be established as we cannot activate the previous. A new account requires a credit check (which a deposit could be required, we do not know until credit is run),a 1 yr contract and the charges for equipment and tech fee. 

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

So I have to pay another 549.00 for equipment that I own I understand I have to pay for a tech wich is fair but thats alot of money that I don't have I just would like to make this work out u can't help at all 

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

So the 600 would cover the 12 months of payment so I would have no monthly payments because I paid the 600 up front 

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.2K Messages

a month ago

@bubba0411   Hello. The $600 is the cost for equipment and the technician as when a new account needs to be established the main controller needs to be swapped out as well. There would be the monthly charges as well, plus any deposit that may be required if one is required.

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

How much out off pocket to get this running again 

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.2K Messages

a month ago

@bubba0411  Hello. It would be the $549.99 plus any deposit if a deposit is required . Wouldn’t know if a deposit is required until your credit is run. 

Get started...

Ask a new question