Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
SeanPD2430's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Feb 4, 2015 1:33 AM

Duress PIN - Digital Life

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Before we purchased the Digital Life, the At&t sales woman was telling us about her system and the digital life system and the features of each.  She told us that if you were in distress, so someone had broken in to your home and asked you to turn off your alarm system, you can set up a specific code, so that the alarm company will know that you are in distress and NOT OK.  I cannot figure out how to do this in settings.  Is this a feature of digital life?  I'll be honest, this was a big seller for our family and if she was talking about HER security system and not the one she's trying to sell then she should probably stop.  

Thanks for the help!  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.9K Messages

8 y مضت

Hello!

At this time, Digital Life does not offer a Duress PIN in our security system. We understand our customers desire for this option. We are working to bring this feature to our subscribers in the very near future. In the meantime customers can press the Police button on the keypad which will notify Digital Life you are experiencing an emergency within your home.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

8 y مضت

if your system works like mine, you don't program the duress code. The duress code is automatically one number more than The code your use for arming and disarming your system.
So if your code is 4567, the duress code is 4568.
Your system may be different.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 y مضت

Interesting.  Thank you for responding.  How do I know this for sure?  Will someone from AT&T respond to this or do we have to call and ask?  

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

8 y مضت

I suggest you call.
I don't know what sort of manual came with your system., mine specifically addresses the duress code.
Otherwise, in a scary situation, most people will forget a different code, but can remember to add one to the regular code. The system will disarm as it should and send a silent alarm.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

8 y مضت

Lovely (sarcasm) if you read OPs original post, this was a reason for
selecting your digital life system in the first place. In the unlikely
event of a home invasion, I don't think the intruder with a knife at his
throat will let him push the "police" button.
Shall I pass on the name of my security system, or can your programmers
fix this blunder today?
kthhrrsn

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

8 y مضت

I had my Digital Lilfe system installed yesterday.  On page 18 of the Digital Life User Manual, instructions for creating or changinga four digit Duress PIN are included.  The instructions read:

"You can call a Digital Life Customer Care Technical Support agent to assist you in creating or changing your optional four (4) digit Duress PIN or you can access www.att.com/dlpin (See Digital Life Customer Care Technical Support).

A duress signal is sent to the AT&T Digital Life Central Monitoring Center by you entering your Duress PIN on the keypad when you feel threatened due to one, or more, person(s) trying to force you to enter or re-enter your home.  After receiving the Duress Alarm, an agent will place a call to the police and report the Duress Alarm.  The Duress PIN can be entered at any time.  Entering the Duress PIN generates a silent alarm.  The siren will not sound and there will be no indication on the display that the Duress PIN has been entered."

I'd suggest calling customer care to get the Duress PIN added.

Keith

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

8 y مضت

@ATTDigitalLifeCS
@kthhrrsn

Well, this doesn't seem very encouraging if the CS rep doesn't know what features are on the system, but a new customer does.
What's the deal?
kthhrrsn

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

8 y مضت

I agree!  That seems like a pretty prominent feature of any alarm system I've ever used.

Here's a link to the DL User Guide for those who may want to read for themselves.  Page 18 explains the Duress PIN process.

https://my-digitallife.att.com/content/dam/Support/dlusermanuals/DL-UserManual-V1-1-201303-REVISED.pdf

Keith

RansZ28

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

8 y مضت

I called and I was told that feature is no longer available.  Did anyone successfully get AT&T DL to add a Duress Pin?

kthhrrsn

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

8 y مضت

Wow! ‎I can't believe they'd end something that's so fundamental to home security!
Keith

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport smartphone.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

jeffpn

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

7 y مضت

It's 6 months later.  What is your idea of 'very near future?'

Voyager

• 

4 Messages

7 y مضت

I called yesterday and spoke to a rep from support and she took my info and request for a duress PN. I got a call back within the hour to create a duress PN. It is available.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y مضت

Why is AT&T not correcting this and explaining their original comments are wrong?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 y مضت

People you need to read your "User Guide" it could be your life were talking about here..DL ...page # 18 explains "How To" if you don't understand what to do ? then make a point to talk with a DL agent it could save your life & the option is free... if you lose your life or a loved one because you didn't read your DL "User Guided" or at least make the call .. then your life may change in a way that will be unthinkable...The system can only do so much ..the rest is up to you.  "Just do it " 

kthhrrsn

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

7 y مضت

The issue is not that people aren't reading the manual. The issue is that the manual discusses duress PIN capabilities but it didn't work. The AT&T mod acknowledged in February that it was not a feature. It now sounds like it has been added (or re-added), but the word is just getting out thanks to a couple of posters.
Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.