Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
DGCZECH's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Feb 2, 2017 7:10 PM

Digital Life Services ARE A SCAM!!!!

I'm  dealing with a very upsetting issues with ATT. Digital Life services are a total scam! ATT Sales Rep neglected to disclose the 14 day trial with the alarm service when he sold the service. The technician that installed the service NEVER said we had a 14 day trial for the service either, NOR did the tech provide any written information or agreement for the 14 day trial, NOR did we sign anything stating we agreed to this. We only received a COPY of a COPY where the wording is not even legible to read what any terms are ~ especially where it states a 14 day trial or early termination fee. Lack of information from the representatives all across the board, with every single ATT employee I spoke to. I called ATT the week after my install of all my "trial" services/equipment. I had to verify information and ask questions (I was continually having issues with consistent service), and not ONE employee told me we had only 14 days with a right to cancel. They all told me we had 30 days. We decided to cancel all the services (security, internet, cable and phone) by day 15, I repeat - day 15. When we called to cancel, again, not ONE employee told us to call the home security service to also cancel. They cancelled and told me I was "all set". I verified this 3 times on the phone, just to ensure we were in fact cancelled. Total scam. We also got hit with an early termination fee ($640!!!!) and am stuck with the equipment. No one can provide an address, where I graciously offered to ship everything back (and even packaged everything neatly in a box). If we had known about the 14 days, instead of 30 - this obviously wouldn't have happened. But hey, I guess ATT likes to play this game...well, you didn't ask, right? I shouldn't have to ask, I should be informed as a consumer what my terms are. You're selling ME something, ATT should tell me what my terms are without asking! Don't back me a corner and basically tell me I'm stuck there. This is not how professional business works. I will fight this matter. I will continue to argue my side of this. ATT totally took advantage of us, the consumer - there is no question about that. Negligence, Negligence, Negligence. False information provided, or lack of for that matter - I think this is absolutely ridiculous!!! And to think, I need to voice my issues on a forum nonetheless???? ATT gave me no other options when I called them personally to discuss this. A forum? Really??? Because the CEO or President is going to actually read this? My next stop is writing to the FCC. And, I will keep writing and calling until this is resolved and the $640.00 termination fee is waived!!

curiouscat

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

5年前

Someone from Digital Life replied to your previous post. Looks like they're willing to help you. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/The-Lounge/AT-amp-T-Digitallife-is-a-total-SCAM/m-p/5059277#M210

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5年前

I'm  dealing with very upsetting issues with ATT. Digital Life services are a total scam! ATT Sales Rep neglected to disclose the 14 day trial with the alarm service when he sold the service. The technician that installed the service NEVER said we had a 14 day trial for the service either, NOR did the tech provide any written information or agreement for the 14 day trial, NOR did we sign anything stating we agreed to this. We only received a COPY of a COPY where the wording is not even legible to read what any terms are ~ especially where it states a 14 day trial or early termination fee. Lack of information from the representatives all across the board, with every single ATT employee I spoke to. I called ATT the week after my install of all my "trial" services/equipment. I had to verify information and ask questions (I was continually having issues with consistent service), and not ONE employee told me we had only 14 days with a right to cancel. They all told me we had 30 days. We decided to cancel all the services (security, internet, cable and phone) by day 15, I repeat - day 15. When we called to cancel, again, not ONE employee told us to call the home security service to also cancel. They cancelled and told me I was "all set". I verified this 3 times on the phone, just to ensure we were in fact cancelled. Total scam. We also got hit with an early termination fee ($640!!!!) and am stuck with the equipment. No one can provide an address, where I graciously offered to ship everything back (and even packaged everything neatly in a box). If we had known about the 14 days, instead of 30 - this obviously wouldn't have happened. But hey, I guess ATT likes to play this game...well, you didn't ask, right? I shouldn't have to ask, I should be informed as a consumer what my terms are. You're selling ME something, ATT should tell me what my terms are without asking! Don't back me a corner and basically tell me I'm stuck there. This is not how professional business works. I will fight this matter. I will continue to argue my side of this. ATT totally took advantage of us, the consumer - there is no question about that. Negligence, Negligence, Negligence. False information provided, or lack of for that matter - I think this is absolutely ridiculous!!! And to think, I need to voice my issues on a forum nonetheless???? ATT gave me no other options when I called them personally to discuss this. A forum? Really??? Because the CEO or President is going to actually read this? My next stop is writing to the FCC. And, I will keep writing and calling until this is resolved and the $640.00 termination fee is waived!!

Community Support

• 

6.8K Messages

5年前

@DGCZECH

Please check your inbox for a private message.  We want to help you.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5年前

Still no response...been waiting to hear from someone...as promised. No response from ATT representative regarding this yet. It's very, very sad!!

Community Support

• 

6.8K Messages

5年前

Please check your inbox.  We've tried to reach you and we've also already resolved your complaint on 2/6. Details are in the message.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5年前

Thank you. I replied to the message as well!

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.