Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Apr 1, 2015 12:19 AM

Digital Life, Don't

I had purchased this system on a Saturday. I went in for a cracked phone screen and was cleverly conned into the system. It all seemed legit. I got home and scoured the web for reviews. Glad I did. I called them to cancel on Monday, I waited for 15 minutes before getting another sales person. I explained why I wanted cancel, and price was a factor. He kept me on the phone for 40 minutes, trying to offer me discounts after discounts. He said he couldn't believe I didn't want these "generous" offers. At this point my blood was boiling. I kept my calm and kept repeating myself, I simply wanted to cancel, please cancel. He finally agreed to cancel. He then mysteriously had computer problems and had to reboot, put me hold even longer. After awhile he said it was cancelled and that the equipment hasn't been shipped yet and will cancel that as well. After an excruciating call he said it was all cancelled and we hung up.

Tuesday, I received an email saying the equipment has been shipped to my home. Confused, after being told it was cancelled, I called again. I was on hold for 15 minutes before being connected to someone. I explained, bluntly, what happened and reiterated I did not want another sales pitch. He was actually nice and checked my status, (while muttering about more offers). It was never cancelled! Nothing, not even the install date! I became furious. I demanded it be cancelled and I better receive a confirmation. He apologized for this and put me hold again while he cancelled it. I was on hold for another 5 or so minutes. He assured me that it was cancelled and when I receive the equipment to return to sender or to open them up and place return labels on them and send them back. We hung up and I received a confirmation email of cancellation.

Now I have to wait until I get the packages and waste more of my time returning them. This is not a system you want and definitely not a customer service you want. There are too many negative reviews and too much fine print to sift through. Stay away from this hassle and research a different company to get a better home security system(which I'm doing now).

Responses

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

5 years ago

@LJ-856

I am sorry to hear of your desire to cancel and issues doing so. I would like to help expedite the resolution of your issue if you still experience problems cancelling or decide to keep the service before returning the equipment. If needed, please click here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message include your name, address, the best contact number, and the most convenient time to contact you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
RansZ28

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

5 years ago

I love my DL system and 100%recommend it!!!!
iobunny

Scholar

• 

307 Messages

5 years ago

We love our DL system!!!! Sorry you're not happy but the system is easy, helps a lot with automation. I'd recommend it 100% over any other system!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I read reviews and almost cancelled also. I've had AT&T for a long time and never had an issue they didn't fix so I went through with it. I'm so glad I did! I have been testing it over and over and training my family throughout the test period. It is better then I imagined and would recommend to family and friends. The installer was very helpful and did not try to oversell me anything I didn't need.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had the Digital service and loved it.  My spouse had an accident and we had to move to an apartment - the apt. has their own security system and I could not transfer the service so I had to cancel - I am trying to work with ATT to get help or relief from the cancel fee.  I have been with some form of ATT for over 25 years.  This whole process is causing me to rethink ATT in general - mobile, uverse or ANYTHING ATT.  I cannot seem to get anyone that can make these types of decisions AND cannot even get a good mailing address.  NOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE friendly company in this respect. I have made over 6 calls and 2 letters to where they said send them, no call except for them to call automated on a past due, relating to that cancel fee. I have never had this problem before I was introduced to ATT Digital.  I really wish I would have NEVER considered ATT Digital because now I don't even like my other services...

If ATT cares.......

I agree with Digital Life - DON'T

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Another vote for DON'T

Our experience for servicing has been aweful.

Outside camera non-functions twice after 3 months. Require field service to fix. After 1st field service, cameras failed again 3 weeks later. Exact same problem repeated.

For the second occurence, cameras are still not working:

First service appt 8/20: no show, no call. Great I took off from work for nothing.
Second service appt: 8/22  no show, dispatcher called 1.5h into the 4-hour window and said no one can come. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have had the same expitience. they were supposed to install the system and could not complete it due to ATT Internet being out: made me reschedule no one ever showed up! i have made 4 more appts. and all no shows! I called repeatedly to cancel and they tell me I have to be held to the contract!!! I counter with but since they have yet to complete the job after 4 attempts the contract should be null and void since they failed after 3 months to deliver it in full. they keep wanting me to make another appt!!! Now i have to pay well over $700. to buy out of a contract that they never finished! I have since Taken out their system and am applealing in writing to their complaint dept> and will be canceling ALL my ATT products that totall some $400. a month!! Guess Att doesnt care about their customer anymore!

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Had the system installed on August 5th 2015. I waited for 5 weeks for them to install because I have so many of the att products I believed they would do what they said. Originally was scheduled for 8 4 2015. System has never functioned. I have not been able to arm it. Camera doesn't work the front door doesn't work. I called the technician that installed the system as I w as instructed. He never came out to fix. So I called customer service. I was told it would be 3 weeks before they could get someone out to look at it. I told them never mind I don't want the system. I was told my buyers remorse time had expired and I contractually was obligated to keep the system. I was told I called after 15 days not in the 14 day time frame. I asked to speak with a supervisor. Spoke with one that said there was nothing she would do. I asked for her supervisor to contact me. After 4 more phone calls all being told Brittany would contact me in 24 hours I have yet to hear from att. I still have junk equipment in my home and no alarm. I made one last attempt to contact a supervisor and was told by Ashley that not only would they not call but that I was contractually obligated to them. I will not pay for this system ... it doesn't work never has and they could careless about there customers. Let me also say that I spoke with India Jamaica and several other countries.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

5 years ago

@phallas

I am sorry to hear about your installation issues.  We are listening and want to help you!  We appreciate you trusting us to help keep your home secure and want to rectify this issue. Our Local Field Operations Leadership would like to expedite the resolution of this matter. Please share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number

Not only do we look forward to resolving this repair issue, but we will also use this opportunity to further improve our overall customer experience.  Additionally, I can assure you that if you called Digital Life Support, you spoke to someone in the US.  All of our Digital Life Support and Monitoring Centers are located in the US. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.7K Messages

5 years ago

hle999

I am sorry your camera and repair issue was buried the back and forth of the blog.  However, I am happy to offer you the same assistance you have seen me offer others on this forum.  

We are listening and want to help you!  Our Local Field Operations Leadership would like to expedite the resolution of this matter if you are willing to share a little more information by clicking here to send Digital Life a private message. In your message please include:

• Your name
  • Account number
  • Address
  • Contact number

We look forward to hearing from you!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T U-verse digital life system is slowing my internet with Cox Communication. I have upgraded to Cox 2nd to the top internet which is 100 mpbs and my internet continues to drop, run slow. I disconnected my digital life by unplugging the camera and my internet is now running fast again. I have called before without any assistance and would like to cancel my services without being charged a termination fee. I should not have to endure any inconvenience because your camera system does not coincide with my internet service provider! Your FB representative advised to contact the retention department for assistance. I contacted 855.288.2727 spent over 25 mins with Richard in the Nashville retention office for him to tell me there is nothing he or his floor manager can do. It will take 72 hours to escalate. Then I was threaten to be charged 400 termination fee if I cancel. 1st and for most I was never advised that your camera system uses bandwidth nor was I told it will slow my WiFi down at the time of installation nor the time of ordering service! That is not acceptable and I will not be punished for not keeping your services. Richard's solution was to keep the service and take the camera off my account, if I requested a camera that means it is required and taking it off is not an option. I would like this issue escalated, terminate my contract without termination fee as soon as possible! It is not as if I am canceling just because, I am canceling due to your services interfering with my wireless services. I regret trusting AT&T digital life with protecting my home and family!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Had horrible experience with digital life! Unfreandly costumer service, not equipped and uneducated technicians. Eventually had to cancel. Wouldn't recommend it!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I too was scammed into a Digital Life system. I went in to add a phone for my daughter and was talked into bundling phone, direct TV. Guy said he would throw in alarm for free at no charge. i told him i did not need an alarm but he assured me there would be not charges associated with it. A month later, I received a bill for $45/Month for an alarm that i didnt want. ALso the bundling is a joke, I now have three bills, one for direct TV, one for Phone, and one for alarm. Im going to cancell all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Do not even consider using this. We have had the system for a year until we switched back to ADT. System never worked, cameras worked intermittently, service techs either do not show up or show up hours later. Worst customer service and even the techs that have showed up late that could never figure out our issues said AT&T rolled this system out WAY before it was ready. This was the worst experience we have ever had with security systems. The last tech got into our ADT box we had before and cut 30 contacts and then tells me he was going to charge me 900.00 for thirty new contacts. AT&T refused to fix the damage. We are actually hiring an attorney over the damage and faulty equipment.  Avoid this company at all costs!!! L. West, Dallas, TX

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Need some advice/help. I had AT&T Digital Life installed and the system has not worked properly since it was installed over 2 months ago. I called them and talked to them and all they wanted was for me to make a payment. I ask them what I was making a payment on? They said the monthly service charge. I told them I did not receive the service I was told I would receive when I signed up for the system so I didn't receive any services. Of course they argued with me forever. I ask if I could speak with someone else and they told me there was no one else. I ask for s number to a corporate office and they said they didn't have a number. I googled it and got it. Amazing. I called them and got the same run around and they did send someone out and he agreed it was not what I ordered. He told me to call them back the next day after he sent in his report. I called and they still will not fix the problem and will not let me cancel without paying over $500.00 for a early termination fee. Very frustrated with AT&T. I am stuck with their system that does not work.

Get started...

Ask a new question