Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Sep 30, 2019 5:16 PM

Communication error. DLC lights off

I bought a house and it came with digital life. Previous owners canceled service and I was using it as local alarm. (Chimes, smoke sensors, open/close door beeps). 

Alarm went off and I did not know pin number and unplugged it. 

Now key pad says communication error and nothing works anymore.  

How can I get it back to work as local alarm only?

Responses

Brand User
ATTDigitalLifeCS

Community Support

• 

5.8K Messages

a year ago

@junioresbarros   Hello. Once the system is not active anymore, there is not a way to use it as a local alarm as there is not a way to reset codes or pins in the system or have the communications for the system update any of the devices. When it was unplugged, it reset itself since it is not an active system.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

So. Since I don't want to subscribe for the monthly service. All the equipment in the house is all trash?

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.8K Messages

a year ago

@junioresbarros   Hello again. The system will not work without the monthly service.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

What about my smoke sensors? Will they work? Their lights are off too

Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.8K Messages

a year ago

@junioresbarros  As long as they have working batteries in them, the smoke detectors will still work locally..They are just not monitored.

Get started...

Ask a new question