Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jul 26, 2016 8:29 PM

Can I used AT&T Microcell with Digital Life?

I was supposed to get Digital Life today but the Tech said that 3G/4G/LTE signal is so weak in my area.

I was wondering if AT&T Microcell will work to boost my network signal and will work well with Digital Life?

Thanks 

Responses

DobiesRule

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

I have Digital Life and Microcell operating in the same home.  They both work flawlessly independent of each other.  Microcell will not boost the AT&T signal strength nor your 3G/4G/LTE data network signal in your home.

Microcell creates a separate wireless channel for your mobile phone calls and routes the phone call through your internet connection.  If you want data capabilities on your phone you have to use your home wireless network.

Microcell has to be configured for each individual phone that you want to permit "access" to.  Microcell will not work for your guests on AT&T mobile until you program the Microcell to accept their device (they must have AT&T mobile service).  There is a limit of the number of mobile phones that you can program to allow access your Microcell (4 or 5 devices). 

Employee

• 

415 Messages

4 years ago

I know when they first launched micro cells were causing major disruptions but that was 2012

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

5.8K Messages

4 years ago

Microcell and Digital Life cannot be connected. Microcells are used in homes with a poor cellular signal. If Digital Life is installed in a home requiring a Microcell that means the cellular signal cannot be used. Digital Life uses a cellular connection and your broadband connection as a backup. If there is no cellular connection the primary and only connection would be broadband which means your system will not work in a power outage or internet failure.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Robort999

• 

51 Messages

2 months ago

Signal promoter 

Additionally called a "repeater," a sign promoter does exactly what it says. Put the unit in a region of the house where you have a decent sign, as almost a window, and it will support the sign to the remainder of the house. A few repeaters additionally accompany an outer reception apparatus you can mount outside for a superior sign.

Get started...

Ask a new question