Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

Sat, Feb 20, 2016 4:16 AM

Added Nest Thermostat to AT&T digital life

I was able to add my Nest Thermostat to the digital life app today. I logged in the IPad digital life app and clicked on the menu at the top right and selected "Other service and devices" and then it took me to a self connect digital life page. My Nest thermostat was listed there (it is on the same wifi) and I added it there to the digital life app. It then directed me to Nest to login there and after a few times deleting it from each, it finally added it on my digital life page as a thermostat, and it lets me the do about the same basic functions as I can by logging into the Nest standalone app.  I can change from home to away and adjust the temp up and down. Be aware it does give you an AT&T agreement you have to agree to that seems to be adding a monitoring agreement. I do not have the energy package from AT&T so they could try to add that charge. Since I am outside my 24 month contract, I am not too worried about that. I had heard that AT&T would be opening the platform to allow other (not purchased from AT&T) vendor equipment to work so it looks like they may have started. Anyone else added the Nest or other devices?

Responses

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I was told I can add 3rd party zwave devices. Cams...... is this not true? Am I stuck in a contract after being lied to ?
directv_123

ACE - Guru

• 

881 Messages

4 years ago

You cannot add 3rd party z-wave cameras.... you and the rest of us were lied to.

You have to buy ATT's substandard, overpriced plastic cameras. The resolution is so bad that the police are unable to use them in criminal investigations/arrests.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
abumalik

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I don't have any third party devices I'm trying to add but I do have At&t devices that for some reason wasn't paired to the app from the start such as my two keypads, carbon monoxide detector, a couple of window sensors, and flood detector. Can someone show me how to pair these up with my system? Again these devices were installed by the tech but I guess never tested and made sure to be paired before he left. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

4 years ago

We would be glad to assist you.  For assistance, please call 855 288-2727 or click here and use our chat option.  An agent will help you discover each device.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

4 years ago

I lost no nest app capability. I still use the Nest app more than the DL. Mostly by habit. It has a little more info than the dl app also.

turbojimmy

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. I'll have to try it again.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I know that, two years ago, there was no compatibility with the ECOBEE thermostats.... has this changed?

Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

3 years ago

No, it has not changed.

• 

1 Message

2 days ago

I am also in the same condition where you are in but i am facing little more extra problems then you i gave feedback to them but there response does not give me the right path plz any one here who can guide me the way of solution .

Get started...

Ask a new question