Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

Sat, Feb 20, 2016 4:16 AM

Added Nest Thermostat to AT&T digital life

I was able to add my Nest Thermostat to the digital life app today. I logged in the IPad digital life app and clicked on the menu at the top right and selected "Other service and devices" and then it took me to a self connect digital life page. My Nest thermostat was listed there (it is on the same wifi) and I added it there to the digital life app. It then directed me to Nest to login there and after a few times deleting it from each, it finally added it on my digital life page as a thermostat, and it lets me the do about the same basic functions as I can by logging into the Nest standalone app.  I can change from home to away and adjust the temp up and down. Be aware it does give you an AT&T agreement you have to agree to that seems to be adding a monitoring agreement. I do not have the energy package from AT&T so they could try to add that charge. Since I am outside my 24 month contract, I am not too worried about that. I had heard that AT&T would be opening the platform to allow other (not purchased from AT&T) vendor equipment to work so it looks like they may have started. Anyone else added the Nest or other devices?

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I'm trying to add my Nest but haven't had any luck.  I go through the process and it says nest thermostat import unsuccessful.  The devices is there when I go to "other services and devices".  In my works with Nest section of the nest site/app, AT&T digital life is recognized as something that's been added.  Any advice as you are the only one I've seen successfully make the connection.  I've searched all over the web and have found nothing.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Appears it finally worked, nice feature.  I don't know what the trick was, just kept trying.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Are you using the Apple based app? I just got the Nest and I would like to add it to my system but I have a Windows based system and I dont see the options you are talking about. Thanks for any input.

Paul

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I do have all apple products. It was completely random when it connected. I kept trying from my iPhone, iPad and iMac. Make sure both devices are on the same network. Keep removing the digital life connection from the Nest before trying to configure after it fails. For some reason the nest will add it to the works with nest section even if the connection fails. In Nest app click the 3 lines in the upper left, then click account, then click works with nest. I had like 8 digital life connections in there. Removed all and tried to add again, kept repeating until it worked.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am experiencing the exact same thing as you have. I've contacted AT&T twice with no resolution. This has by fare been the worst experience I've had with Digital Life and the swar its Nest issue although Nest recognized DL. DL does not see Nest. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue, no resolution yet. I have tried the remove/add 100+ times between the Nest account and DL account. I have been able to set up my Nest to work with my Harmony and Amazon Alexa without issue, but this proves to be quite the challenge. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Is there a way I can integrate ecobee3 Thermostat to AT&T digital life?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Anyone know if I can add the Nest Cam to the Digital life account?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

I have a smart Thermostat from Honeywell which has it's own app.  It would be nice is I could link it to DL.

Brand User

Community Support

• 

6.1K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @Dice4life

The Nest Cam cannot be added to Digital Life at this time, however we're currently working to integrate many 3rd party devices with Digital Life.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tretiree

Guru

• 

464 Messages

4 years ago

I was the original poster on this. I did have to add and delete Nest many times before it actually worked on my iPad. Once on the digital life app, I can access the Nest on my Samsung Note phone (on the digital life app) as well. I can move temp up and down, change from cool to heat and can switch from home to away on my Samsung and the IPad. It has worked continuously since I added in Feb. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What's the point in manually setting Nest thermostat to home or away using DL after integrating Nest with it. It should happen automatically whenever I set DL to away (Nest should get set to away) and when I'm back home and disarm DL, Nest should get set to home. If it doesn't work this way, the Nest integration is useless, IMHO. 

turbojimmy

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

4 years ago

Do you lose any of the Nest app functionality by integrating the Nest thermostat with DL? When I first got my Nest thermostat, I tried adding it to DL by going to the 3rd party app page. It appeared to work, but the Nest immediately lost its connection with my WiFi and would not connect. I had to factory reset the Nest in order to get connectivity back, at which point I decided not to proceed with the integration with DL. I'm reconsidering that now, so long as I don't lose any functionality either with the thermostat itself or the Nest app.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hey Everyone,

Here is something that I tried and it seemed to work.  I just purchased a Nest Thermostat and got the same unsuccessful tries, I contacted AT&T and they told me to reach out to Nest so I did.  Nest told me that because I'm using an Apple Airport Extreme which is 5ghz that I had to downgrade it to 2.4ghz in order to be able to connect.  I'm not a computer wizard but that didn't sound right to me. In addition to the fact that I didn't really feel like messing with my router in which case I would probably mess things up even more.  Since I have ATT for internet as well they gave me a wireless router I just went to my Nest and used that network as opposed to my 'home' network.  Does this mean that you should have to get two routers, I hope not.  But if you do, that might be the best solution.

Get started...

Ask a new question