Troubleshoot your device issues
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 8:37 PM

Windows Phone Unlocking Questions and Discussion (All Models)

How can I get my Windows Phone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

No. But these are the suggestions if you are having a problem unlocking.

Review the unlock instructions and if necessary, repeat them to ensure all instructions were completed as directed. If you need to obtain instructions for your device:
Go to AT&T Device Unlock Instructions.
Select your device manufacturer, for example Samsung.
Look for your device model and follow the instructions.
For non-Apple devices you will need the unlock code for your device provided by AT&T.
If you have followed the instructions and are still unable to unlock your device, contact us for assistance:
AT&T customers call 800.331.0500 or 611.
GoPhone customers call 800.901.9878.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

I went through the whole process of unlocking my Nokia 920 (just went off contract).  Got my unlock approval email but never got my unlock code.  Went through the process of talking to 2 different rep and doesn't seems anyone can get to the unlock code or even figure out why I never got my unlock code at all.

I'm on the phone again with another rep and thinking you guys are just making a simple process to be way too complex and wasting not only my time but your company's time and resources.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I was using at&t basic phone before but then I found Nokia Lumia 520 and it was cheap. So, I bought it. It is locked to at&t. I tried unlocking it by sending an unlock request (since I was travelling) and I got the error that the IMEI number of my phone is not in the database. What should I do? I really need to unlock the phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

If you are using AT&T service you don't need to unlock the phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I won't be using at&t since I am travelling back to my country. The problem is, at&t doesn't recognize my device's IMEI number.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi, I have a Nokia Lumia 635 GoPhone that I recently bought. I'm planning on going on a trip overseas (Bangladesh) and I would like to use the phone there. Do I need to get the phone unlocked to do that? Thank You.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I recently purchased a no-contract 'Nokia Lumia 635' phone from microsoft store online. I didn't activate the phone or use it at all.

When I placed a unlock request online via AT&T device unlock request portal, I received an email to submit the purchase invoice, which I promptly did so. After which I got a response back saying that my unlock request was denied because 'supposedly' -- 'the device is currently active on another AT&T customer’s account'.

I was shocked to receive the response as I never activated the device. When I contacted the customer service and spoke for more than 2 hours with multiple agents, they were arrogant and declined to help my case by not investigating further. I couldn't understand how the device unlock team claimed that the device was active with some one else's account while I submitted the invoice in my name and never used or activated the phone.

Further they claimed that I should contact Microsoft store for further details. I wonder how could Microsoft store help me, when the specific details are with AT&T.

What a bad experience! They advertise it as no-contract phone and give out multiple reasons why they'll not unlock phones.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

The unlock request needs to go through Micrsoft anyway. Since you purchased it full price, Microsoft should unlock it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hi dear Everyone!

I have bought a glass-broken Nokia Lumia 1520 from Ebay-US.

It has AT&T simlock.

I live in Hungary,Europa. How could I unlock the SIM for my Mobileservice?

Imei is clean.

Thank You very much for answer!

Best regards!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

All AT&T phone unlocks must go through the unlock portal

AT&T unlock portal

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.