Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Troubleshoot your device issues
dgtubbs's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 18th, 2016 1:14 AM

Windows 10 Mobile Upgrade

So, today Microsoft rolled out the Upgrade Advisor in their Windows Store.  The message I received when I used the app was that my phone is eligible for an upgrade (I have a Lumia 640XL with W8.1Denim installed).  I was also instructed that the app would notify me when the upgrade is available from my carrier.

While I understand that AT&T typically never publishes a release date, the ball is now officially in your (and other carriers’) court.  Do you have any news about when Windows 10 Mobile will be available?  What information is there regarding which phones will receive the upgrade first (other than "newer models first, then older models")?

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

@ODad That would be a convenient excuse wouldn't it 😞

I don't see any reason they couldn't release the March 17 build and continue testing the update to release at a later date. Besides I'm sure Microsoft provides the builds to AT&T in advance of the release date anyway.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Excuses and more excuses. I want my Windows 10 !! . No scammers are liars . More than a month that Microsoft released

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Spam their update servers I say. In your system settings check for phone update early and often Smiley Tongue

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@sdunnin I'd bet more doughnuts that Microsoft told AT&T, this will be the one. Now the timing between this will be the one and Microsoft pushing it out as probably a day or two at most. I don't recall the time between Slow Ring getting it and Microsoft pushing it out as production.

the only thing AT&T has to test are the apps that they've not been updating! They could tell Microsoft to pull the apps and have customers go to the store and download them as AT&T approves them

Is ANYONE on ANY device using their Navigation app???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Been doing that for weeks. LOL

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm hopeful to be able to download this update before my friends at Microsoft release the new OS! AT&T needs to learn customers are like teeth: Ignore them and they go away.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I am writing to see when Windows 10 will be available for my Lumia 640. I have run the upgrade adviser and the phone is ready. All that is lacking is ATT providing the update. When might I expect that to happen?

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Going on 2 months... so sad!!  Smiley Sad

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

It has been 2 months since the update went live and att is still not allowing it to be pushed to phones like they are intentionally trying to hurt MS users. They don't even allow you to buy a 950xl from their stores. I don't know what their problem is especially when in January they gave Microsoft permission to roll out updates on their phones on the network. AT&T I think is just trying to stick it to us personally because we use MICROSOFT still, and because of this I will be getting either the new elite or surface phone for our business which right now we have 20 phones on AT&T and will be moving to a new carrier that actually allows updates like T-Mobile.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

while I agree the carriers dont update phones properly in your case why not buy direct from MS?  And 1100 bucks for a MS phone wow....

http://www.mobipicker.com/microsoft-surface-phone-release-pushed-2017/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.