Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Troubleshoot your device issues
dgtubbs's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 18th, 2016 1:14 AM

Windows 10 Mobile Upgrade

So, today Microsoft rolled out the Upgrade Advisor in their Windows Store.  The message I received when I used the app was that my phone is eligible for an upgrade (I have a Lumia 640XL with W8.1Denim installed).  I was also instructed that the app would notify me when the upgrade is available from my carrier.

While I understand that AT&T typically never publishes a release date, the ball is now officially in your (and other carriers’) court.  Do you have any news about when Windows 10 Mobile will be available?  What information is there regarding which phones will receive the upgrade first (other than "newer models first, then older models")?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I understand that ETA's can be difficult to estimate, but I would just like to know if they are actively working on the problem, and if so, what devices are they specifically ignoring.

Like someone said, if they are not planning a device such as the 1520, it would be better to be upfront about that now.

Also on other news, Vodafone in Australia announced the rollout for the 640, 735 and 930 starting today!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Not only Vodafone but some other unknown even....Has anyone tried to change the csc ??? Can it change on a 1520?? Cause on my ATIV S I could and I got once an update instantly....i had to change to ATO...I live in Europe...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Windows 10 mobile update was released on March 17th 2016. I would like to know when my eligible two eligible phones(Lumia 1520, Lumia 640) would get the upgrade I have followed the steps for the Update Advisor and it gave a message waiting on the carrier. I have already waited so long for this update its really tough to wait that much longer again.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

All I can say is that we are gonna have to wait for att to send it out to our phones and who knows when that may be.

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Once again AT&T is exceedingly late getting OS updates pushed out OTA. I've seen this before with other devices. Seems like they always drag their feet. The only exception has been iOS devices in which I'm guessing Apple bypasses the AT&T slow roll somehow.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

When can we expect to get the windows 10 update y Windows8.1 phone m

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

So here we are over a month later and still no upgrade...

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@sdunnin any bets on it being "resolved" before another month passes?

Teacher

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

@ODad Ha, that's a sucker bet! 

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@sdunnin we could bet Krispy Kreme Doughnuts! I'm betting on it NOT being released in April by AT&T I'm actually wondering if the recent update that was released reset AT&T testing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.