Troubleshoot your device issues
OM1975's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, November 18th, 2017 4:34 AM

Why won't att let me activate my sim card?

I have been an ATT customer for well over 10 years.  For many years now I have been having sim card issues.  I keep getting new sim cards and have even bought new phones from different manufacturers.  Still have the same issues.  Sim cards work off and on.  Why does ATT still used outdated tech like sim cards, ... Oh yea so they can lock their customers to NO CHOICES.  By the way I am a former employee, and that is another story in itself.  Meanwhile, I am just trying to use phone service that I pay for yet I NEVER get.  I can't even call 611 to call them on my ATT phone.  Honestly I think this is because of an employee who has issues with me and is covering their tracks.  I ignore all of that and still pay my bill and still give the benefit of the doubt, even though this corporation makes ALL employees and customers doubt.    I just want to use the service that I AM paying for.  I can not use my service because NO ONE HAS DONE THEIR JOB BY ACTUALLY ACTIVATING MY SIM CARD!  No body has looked into ANY of the many reasons why this keeps happening.  I AM sitting on much evidence of illegal activity coming from ATT employees, yet I have still just tried to use my service and still pay for it.  I AM DOCUMENTING EVERYTHING. I honestly don't care if ATT and the NSA walk hand in hand.  I am still a customer who pays my bill to use service that I do NOT get.  The FCC and the FCC care not to help.  Whenever I call ATT, I end up playing the ATT shuffle.  Most customers know the ATT shuffle... Where you spend long time on the phone waiting only to be connected to another wrong department and having to explain yourself over and over again.  Most give up, however I NEVER will back down.  It IS MY MONEY, and I AM a customer, who KNOWS MUCH of ATT systems.  I KNOW when techs and reps lie or not.  Most of them are mistrained and have no clue what they speak of.  Nothing against them, it basically falls on the upper execs for teaching them to act this way and keep letting it carry on.  Karma and C.A.R.M.A. will eventually catch up with that.   In the meantime, I still want my SIM card to work and still try to get help.  Tried going to a store, but the manager was completely rude and refused to do his job.  I was sent a new SIM card and told that I could activate it online.  When I tried to activate it online, it said that I could not and to call, between the hours of 7am - 1am.  I called and they said the hours were 8-5.  So basically ATT practices fraud and incompetence in every respect of this company.  Nobody is on the same page and when you try to remain loyal they treat you worse.  Why is the so called Loyalty department the same department as Disconnection?  That has to tell you what the company thinks of it's loyal customers.  It does NOT care for them at all. Still hoping for help with my situation, even though I could fix it all myself, however I do not work for the company and I DO follow the law, so I REFUSE to fix it myself.  That is ATT's job as I AM the Paying customer who IS paying for service NOT rendered.  Perhaps ATT, wants a massive C.A.L.S.?   A multi million dollar corporation probably cares less about that, so there are other means.  Some new websites will be put up soon to help all Loyal ATT customers, since ATT refuses to do their job by American law.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@OM1975

well I don't know where you have been or what your doing but see pic below....  iPhone 4 with micro sim...  s8+ with sim tray on top and LG G3 with sim tray in plain sight...  Then their is the assortment of sim cards from verizon and ATT from nano to full size....  I go thru about 100 sims a year give or take...  It will be less now that they think they have to charge for them.

IMG_1812.JPG

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

6 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76  He’s using old basic phones.  

All of Verizon new basic phones are LTE and use SIM cards, which come pre installed, but are removable.  

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40

It confuses me some if he uses old phones. He has repeated said that new phones do not have sim cards, is he just assuming that new phones dont have them?

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Anonymous

Some choose to see the world the way they want, rather than how it is.  

I was just venting today that I have a neighbor who thinks everyone speeds.  We drive 25 in the neighborhood and slower near his house as it’s on a corner.  But his perspective is that we all drive 55 so he gives dirty looks or throws up his hands every time.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.