Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
cmyorke

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thu, Jan 16, 2020 3:24 AM

Who is responsible for firmware updates?

I have a MR1100 Nighthawk mobile hotspot, since the latest firmware update the ethernet port is unusable. I contacted AT&T for tech support, yeah right, and was told Netgear is solely responsible for the firmware update. My understanding is AT&T has to approve the firmware with any changes they want. If AT&T dictates what is updated it seems as if they should provide some type of support.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

AT&T does not supply warranty support or software for Hotspot devices. If there is a defect, whether it's Hardware or software, it has to be handled directly with the manufacturer.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
cmyorke

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Which from what I understand they only provide 90 days "free" support. Anything after that they direct you to the online community forums or you have to pay for support. So from what I can tell I have to pay for them to even assist with any diagnosis. Maybe I am misunderstanding the website though.