Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 7:12 PM

What is the process to unlock then port a cell ph # OUT of ATT

I am looking to move two iPhones from my ATT account to Xfinity Voice. Are there any instructions or documentation on the process ? I found where to generate the request to unlock the phone, but how do you put in a "port out" request with ATT. And the help desk told me that it takes up to 7 days for the number to be ported over to the new carrier. I cant have 2 of my iPhones offline for 7 days !!!!! Help pls.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.4K Messages

2 months ago

There is no such thing as a port out request.

After your phones are unlocked you provide your new carrier with your account number and your security pin from your AT&T account. That's all. It is on your new carrier to Port your numbers from your old carrier.

You are not without service, your service will continue with AT&T until your xfinity service is active. ( seriously people switch carriers all the time and never lose service)

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…