For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Ogboston's profile

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 10:20 PM

Warranty Fraud

At&t won't Honor the warranty so if anyone else has a (Edited per community guidelines)ty phone I'm going to see my lawyer tomorrow. I also have all phone conversation I got from customer support, And receipts .Done !! Going to post all my conversation on Twitter, tictoc,and my YouTube channel. I'm done with these fools letting my lawyer take over

• 

148 Messages

1 year ago

Warranty? At&t doesn't provide any warranties on devices. You need to contact the manufacturer of your device for any warranty repair/replacement. 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Okay then they should take the big two year warranty seal off the box! Know the facts. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

@CyberSec380 Not quite true. The warranty is from the manufacturer, true but ATT is an authorized agent for many android models.

@Ogboston I suggest you try the manufacturer and/or escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint before going the legal route.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Doing all that and legal route,gave everything to lawyer, he does all the work no cost to me since my work offers a plan for lawyers. They take 3 bucks or so a week might as well use it for once in twenty years been there.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

1 year ago

You didn't say what device you're having an issue with? 

Or what device it is that you say has a 2-year warranty right on the box? 

Is this the manufacturer's box? To me that would indicate that the manufacturer provides the warranty not the service provider. 

Apple devices are always directly through the manufacturer. AT&T is contractually not allowed to warranty Apple devices.

AT&T does not warranty tablets or watches, those  must go directly through whichever manufacturer made those devices.

AT&T is permitted to do a warranty exchange for Android phones for one year.   

If you have purchased a 2-year warranty directly through the manufacturer, that warranty is not with AT&T or through AT&T but must be honored by the manufacturer. For example Samsung offers a second year warranty.  Back in the day HTC offered a 2-year warranty. 

Sonim warranties it's rugged phones for 3 years, directly. 

Samsung also offer a one time replacement on the flip and fold models, no matter the age.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

No I didn't say but it's prepaid phone at&t not even a month old Motorola brand. And at&t put a big silver seal on box that reads 2 year warranty ultra series. So anything else I leave out. It stopped working two days after battery ran out then would NOT start back up. Charged  it. nothing so now at&t wants to play games well I don't play well with others. And will be calling CEO,cfo,or whatever they have just to cause a stir . Email them,text them til they do something. All my influencer channel will be posting tonight #attsucks #attsteals

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

1 year ago

Warranty? 

That's a return as defective. 

Warranty doesn't guarantee a new phone. Returning a defective phone for a new replacement does. 

Return it how you got it

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

1 year ago

Also a lawyer is going to get you no where but arbitration and it's a prepaid phone.  Contact moto and have them process a return.  Read the warranty book that came with the phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

1 year ago

Apparently it's just easier to blame AT&T when one doesn't read or understand the mfr's warranty information. Unless the warranty explicitly states that AT&T will handle all warranty claims, anything that goes wrong is between the customer and the mfr. And I'm sure the mfr slapped the 2-year warranty label on the box, not AT&T.

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

1 year ago

Prepaid phone and “All my influencer channel will be posting tonight” 😂😂😂😂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.