Troubleshoot your device issues
cauto01's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 8:40 PM

W10M for Lumia 640

Can you give us an idea of when AT&T will release W10M updates to the Lumia 640 and to other lumia phones.  Other carriers around the owrld have started to released these updates.  And yes I am a ware of the page on your web site to check for updates. 

Thanks

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

As of today. Microsoft hasn't released W10 officially to any phone yet. As to when ATT is going to make it available after it is released, that's another story.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

Window 10 Mobile runs great on a Lumia 640.  Your wait for AT&T to push it to you could be along one unless AT&T changes their ways with Windows 10. T-Mobile started pushing Windows 10 out to Lumia 640 users today.

What you CAN do right now and it's very easy to do is enroll into the Windows Insider program. It is easy, just go to the Store on your phone and search for "Windows Insider" 

I have many lumia devices I'm testing, one of them is the Lumia 640. The Lumia 640 with Windows 10 is a very nice device. Get you a good case for it and you have a phone that perform as well as some of the "flagship" phones. I'll be doing a video very soon comparing the 640 with my iPhone 5s.

If you need help with getting your 640 onto the Windows Insider Program let me know.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

They have released the OS to the carriers who then test and decide when to send the new release out and then future updates will most likely be done OTA.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for the offer ODad.  I've installed windows Insider and upgraded my 640 to 10.0.xxxx.63 and it runs almost as well and in some ways better that WP8.1 update 2.  I like as well except for 2 or 3 bugs.

I just wanted to post and do my small part in letting AT&T know that they need to give a d$m about their customers.  In the near future new updates will be pushed out to the latest W10M and AT&T customer will still be waiting for first OS update.....LOL  W10M platform is slowly turning a page I just hope AT&T will help by supporting the users (customer).

Note:  MS updated the Windows Insider so that now after down loading any new updates and you decide to leave the Insider ring you phone is put back into a production status. This will allow you to get normal updated in the future from your carrier.

Guru

• 

673 Messages

8 years ago

@cauto01 wrote:

Thank you for the offer ODad.  I've installed windows Insider and upgraded my 640 to 10.0.xxxx.63 and it runs almost as well and in some ways better that WP8.1 update 2.  I like as well except for 2 or 3 bugs.

I just wanted to post and do my small part in letting AT&T know that they need to give a d$m about their customers.  In the near future new updates will be pushed out to the latest W10M and AT&T customer will still be waiting for first OS update.....LOL  W10M platform is slowly turning a page I just hope AT&T will help by supporting the users (customer).

Note:  MS updated the Windows Insider so that now after down loading any new updates and you decide to leave the Insider ring you phone is put back into a production status. This will allow you to get normal updated in the future from your carrier.

What have been the bugs you've encountered With Windows 10 mobile on the 640?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

ODad:

I am not able to link my two mailboxes together because only one mail box is listed were you choose the boxes to link.

Unable to have more than mail box on the start screen.

Sometimes the screen is unresponsive to the double tap function.  This usually occurs in the Groove music app and also on the lock screen.....sometimes.

Otherwise W10M build 63 runs verywell in my Lumia 640

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I am not able to link my two mailboxes together because only one mail box is listed were you choose the boxes to link.

Unable to have more than mail box on the start screen.

I had the same problem seeing the other mailbox and had to preform a "Hard Reset" which fixed the problem on my 2 Lumia 640's. I'm running 10586.63 on 2 635's and 2 640's.

I now have 5 mailboxes linked; 2 hotmail, 2 gmail and 1 yahoo accont.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.