Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
petercreasey's profile
petercreasey
Rising Star
Helpful 1
Celestial 50!

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thu, Oct 10, 2013 10:04 PM

Version 10.2 avail when w/AT&T

Is there any word when Version 10.2 might be available from AT&T for our Q10s?

Thanks!

. . . . .  Pete

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 y مضت

I am an IT professional and part of my job is providing safe, secure phones for key company employees.  It was my choice to remain with AT&T when the rest of the company phones were moved to Verizon as their service provider.  All of the Verizon phones received the 10.2 update months ago and still nothing from AT&T.  

At this point, I am weighing my options.  If AT&T is not going to provide updates in a timely manor, then I feel that it was a mistake for me to stay with them. 

What makes me more angry than anything is the fact that we cannot get any official information from AT&T.  If they are going to provide the update, they should give us a firm date when it will be released.  If not, then they should tell their customers.  

Voyager

• 

1 Message

9 y مضت

Verizon is selling the BlackBerry Q10 for $0.00 with free shipping. Do the math for yourselves, but it comes out better for me to switch.

If you want to remain a BlackBerry user, then find a carrier that will support the device you want. Networks don't mean much anymore -- we all get unlimited calls and texts.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 y مضت

Not acceptable. Delay is one thing. Delay with no explanation or commitment of resolution is a whole order of magnitude worse. How are you keeping customers?
petercreasey

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

9 y مضت

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:I'm sorry guys, I just don't have any new information at this time. When I have any updates, I'll be sure to let you know right away.

Dmitriy,  Thanks for replying but...

You and AT&T are receiving polite but firm feedback that the status quo is totally bewildering for AT&T customers.

Given your apparent connection with AT&T, you should be able to reach someone who can say whether or not the upgrade will be forthcoming.

. . . .  Pete

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 y مضت

If AT&T spends this much time adapting a new BB OS for release, you can be sure they are working extra hard to strip it of anything that might actually add utility to your phone. The last time it took this long was when a new OS release came out for the Bold 9900. Back then, ATT took a very long time because they wanted to make absolutely sure NFC was disabled, and tethering was only possible through their add-on service - for a price of course.

Now we have a new OS release that will provide longer battery life, access to Android apps, and a host of other features. We can only guess what it is that ATT doesn't want us to have access to. Maybe it's the long battery life. After all, the longer we talk on our phones, the more we realize the network is terrible.

In either case, as our carrier ATT is responsible for ensuring devices we bought through them work on their network. I am sure everyone has found bugs in the current OS, like the browser freezing, and random reboots. These are issues that were addressed in the 10.2 release, and by not making that release available to us, ATT is in breach of their agreement with us. Pretty sure we could walk away and not have to pay the break-up fee

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

9 y مضت

I guess "there is no update" is not the response we're all looking for here. It would be nice if we can be solution driven on this post. Just because att can be the moderator of what to honor and what to ignore on their site, it doesn't mean all is okay. Platform is built to resolve issues for your customers guys, do the right thing here.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 y مضت

This is infuriating!  Not even a target date?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 y مضت

Any update or news as to when AT&T will release OS 10.2 for Q10?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 y مضت

I am sure you guys know by now that Verizon has released the update..... come on AT&T, get with it!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 y مضت

So frustrated! Hurry up and get with the program at@t!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 y مضت

Just to reinforce the need for this update, I am also anxiously awaiting this.  I was debating leaving ATT earlier this year (after 14 years of loyalty) and decided against it.  Now I am reconsidering.  The inability to support my Z10 with a new (not so new anymore, as the rest of the world has had it for a long time) and improved operating system is likely a breach of contract.

I'm also confused why blackberry is so shunned.  The Z10 is a superior device to the Ios and Android phones.  One would think that pushing customers to a better product would generate goodwill.  I'm completely vexed by this.

ms_unicorn

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

8 y مضت

Hello, everyone!

AT&T is continuing to work on the latest 10.2.1 software update for the Blackberry Q10 and Z10.  The upgrade will provide many device and user experience enhancements. In an effort to provide our customers with the best user experience possible, all software updates go through a rigorous quality assurance testing process before being released. We will release the update as soon as testing is complete. Thanks for your patience as we ready this software update for our customers.

petercreasey

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

8 y مضت

Mariana, Thank you for the good news!

Is your disclaimer (at the bottom of your posting) more applicable or Is the status report which you quote from an authoritative AT&T source?

. . . . . Pete

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 y مضت

I'd like to respectfully point out that this forum was advised, on January 28, 2014, that AT&T was working on the latest software update 10.2.1. We were then, as now, informed as to the many device and user enhancements and fixes. While the posting is somewhat reassuring, it still leaves us as before, running Blackberrys without the 10.2.1 fixes and enhancements, and without any roadmap to release. 

The bitterness apparent in this forum towards AT&T was earned the old fashioned way; by being last in releasing operating system updates, crippling BB Bridge, and punishing subscribers with grandfathered unlimited data plans by locking out operating system built-in features via the subscriber's account, such as BBM voice over network.

The posting is appreciated however, and the community manager can only post what whe knows. It's the company that's letting us down.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 y مضت

"AT&T is continuing to work on the latest 10.2.1 software update for the Blackberry Q10 and Z10.  The upgrade will provide many device and user experience enhancements. In an effort to provide our customers with the best user experience possible, all software updates go through a rigorous quality assurance testing process before being released. We will release the update as soon as testing is complete. Thanks for your patience as we ready this software update for our customers."

ATTMarianaCM, 

Thank you for your update.  With all due respect, This does not tell us anything new. 

The people in this forum already know that AT&T is 'testing' 10.2.1.  Since this OS update has been released by your competitors, your customers want to know when to expect this Operating System Update. 

Please do not reply to inform us that there are other device available.  We know that.  We choose Blackberry devices.  The Blackberry device owners are your customers, just as iOS and Andriod device owners. 

If AT&T strategy/preference is to sunset or reduce Blackberry offerings and support and focus more on iOS and Andriod devices, please be straight forward and state it.  This way we, your customers, can make our decisions.  

To be clear, AT&T needs to improve the narrative on this issue..  This is a significant customer service issue. and there is zero communication from AT&T as to the availability. What exactly is the issue with this update that AT&T does not make it available?? Especially when the competition has.  The longer there is a lack of coherent communication, the greater the risk your customers will draw their own conclusions and act on them, to the detriment of AT&T. 
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.