Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
soapbox3000's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Nov 20, 2014 10:17 PM

Verizon Nokia Lumia 2520 to AT&T APN Settings?

Hi just signed up with at&t and brought over my Nokia Lumia 2520 Windows 8.1 RT Tablet from verizon.  I got the sim card working in it but i am experiencing drasticly slow internet speed tests when on mobile data.  speedtests average are around 6Mbps download and 2Mbps upload when i know HSPA+ should be around 22Mbps download. 

1.) is there a way to get my lumia 2520 to pick up AT&T's LTE Signal?

2.) are there any apn settings that im missing that would allow for faster internet speeds?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.4K Messages

7 y ago

HSPA+ is not going to give you 22mbps down sorry just wont happen.  if you seeing 6/2 thats about right these days.  I may see 8/2 or 9/2 but thats about as high as your going to get.  HSPA+ labs speeds max at 21mps on ATT.  

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.4K Messages

7 y ago

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB424489#fbid=Xe70Uw2TYG_

According to the microsoft site for the verizon version its has LTE bands 2,4,5,7,17.  ATT uses bands 2,4,5,17.  If you put in the apn right then call customer service to see if you have LTE on your account for this device.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

Ok that is good to know.  My Sim Card is LTE enabled so how would i go about switching my network settings on my tablet to LTE from HSPA+?  I looked up both verizon and AT&T's versions of the Lumia 2520 and they both share LTE Band 4.  how do i manually connect to that?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.4K Messages

7 y ago

the sim card being LTE enabled and having LTE on your device at account level are 2 different things.  I would call to make sure you have LTE on that line. or look online it should look like this

this is for my Ipad mini.  which by the way took 2 calls to get it to work in LTE

Mobile Share for iPad mini on 4G LTE
$10.00

and android looks like this

Mobile Share Value Smartphone 4G LTE w/ VVM
$40.00

alertIcon
Discount for Mobile Share Value Savings
−$25.00

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 y ago

ok my account is setup for LTE for my tablet.  i just got off the phone with att support and they didnt have any information on how to change the band that I'm using.  what did the rep do to get your Ipad running on LTE?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.4K Messages

7 y ago

Its interesting as if you have the apn right it should work.  But maybe microsofts listing for bands on there site is wrong for the verizon version.  If your apn is right and the bands are in the tab you should get LTE.

My Ipad was a problem with my account not the apn or device.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.