Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
randombrandon's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Apr 23, 2022 6:30 PM

USB800 IP Passthrough?

Is there a way to configure the USB800 for IP Passthrough?  Even in IPPT mode, the device connected to the USB800 gets a private 10. number.   When connected to a router, I am having trouble with double NAT.  Is there a mode where the USB800 passes the public IP address to the device it is connected to?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.3K Messages

4 m前

The device is a hotspot, cellular service is the WIRELESS forum.

Specifications

Determine your device's SIM card type, operating frequencies, and physical characteristics.

Basic Info

SIM Type: Nano Sim
Operating System: Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS 10.5 or Higher, Linux
Network Technology: 4G LTE

Operating Frequencies

HSPA/UMTS (3G/4G): 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100
4G LTE (Domestic): 2, 4, 5, 12, 14, 17, 29, 30, 66

Physical Characteristics

Dimensions
: 3.59" x 1.46" x 0.45"
Weight: 2.39 oz

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

4 m前

Some, like the Nighthawk, seem to have the ability to engage a request for a public IP instead of CGNAT.  I do not think that's a feature of your device.

• 

14 Messages

3 m前

That's strange. I always get a 192.168.1.x address.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

3 m前

I believe you are speaking of the private IP issued to clients of the USB800.  I am speaking of the IP assigned to the USB800's WAN interface.

• 

14 Messages

3 m前

Wait....

What are the next octet or two of the WAN IP address:

https://www.okta.com/identity-101/understanding-private-ip-ranges/

10.x is ALWAYS a private IP, so I'm guessing you're looking at something that isn't the WAN IP?

And to the above post, the USB800 is most definitely NOT a hotspot. It's a 4G USB modem dongle.

(edited)

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

3 m前

Conceptually, the USB800 works pretty much like a hotspot for one computer, but using a USB port instead of Wi-Fi.  Ignore the fact that it looks like a Network Adapter, and treat it like a Gateway/Router/Modem (or Hotspot).

It has a WAN interface and a LAN interface.  LAN interface talks to your computer.  WAN interface talks to "The Internet Side."  So you see a WAN interface of 10.x.x.x ?

• 

2 Messages

3 m前

Yes, on the WAN side is the 10. Number.  It appears AT&T is using CGNAT assigning the 10. Number and the router is seeing that number as the WAN address so there’s double NATing going on.  Does AT&T offer an option of a fixed PUBLIC IP address for devices like this?

• 

14 Messages

3 m前

Only AT&T will know for sure, but I'd guess not, as these are generally designed for road warriors and businesspeople.

Are you running the latest firmware/software on the modem?

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.3K Messages

3 m前

I have never heard of the USB800 having access to the public IP reservation pool.  I have heard of some true hotspots having such access.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.