Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
L

• 

6 Messages

Friday, April 16th, 2021 5:56 AM

Update Galaxy Note 10 outside USA

Hi, good day. I would like to know about AT&T VPN, I have a situation and maybe you can assist me. My sister lives in USA but I live in Honduras. My sister gave me her previous mobile. It is an AT&T Galaxy Note 10+ SM-N976U. But the problem is that I am not being able to update because it states I must be inside AT&T network. So, because of this, I saw on the AT&T website something related to a USD 24/year/device plan so I can contract VPN Samsung FOTA. I would like to know if it would assist me on updating the mobile to the newest Android version since Honduras. I wrote two times already on ATT Request Info area on their website but nobody answered me… As I can see, my mobile is about 6 updates late and the third last update even upgrades the Android version to 11, so I would like to know how can I update the phone. Contracting this FOTA Samsung USD 24/year/device plan would guarantee that I would be able to update my Android version from Honduras? If correct, can someone assist me on contracting this plan as I am outside USA and the 90 days trial from their website does not allow my gmail email stating it has to be a business e-mail? I understand this issue of the ATT network and I am willing to contract this ATT VPN service as long it guarantees I will receive the official updates but can someone from ATT please point me to the right direction?!

Best regards,

Luiz (Edited to remove personal information)

[email scrubbed]

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Lizdance40, thank you very much for your reply. Now it is clear that there is absolutely no way that I can update my phone outside USA. It is too bad… but what can we do…. Thank you very much for your answers and time.

Best regards,

Luiz Arthur

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 years ago

Yes, it's an unfortunate thing about At&t Androids.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.