Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
jeremylevy's profile

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jul 4, 2022 3:42 PM

Unlocked Google 6 Pro suddenly cannot make calls but does receive them and data works

On July 1, my new Google 6 Pro which from March of this year until June 30 worked just fine suddenly is unable to make outgoing calls.  It can receive calls and the data part works fine.  I tried to reset the network, which did not work, and then I performed a factory reset.  That also did not work.  

After resetting I received a cryptic message from AT&T (presumably):

“AT&T FREE MSG: We’re always looking for ways to connect you to what you love faster than ever before.  We’re sorry, but the phone you recently activated is no longer supported.  Upgrade your device: contact your AT&T account manager, visit att.com/premier, or business.att.com.”

How can a brand new phone no longer and suddenly be unsupported??  I am having trouble getting to the bottom of this.

Any help or insight into the issue would be greatly appreciated.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

3 m مضت

Time to switch carriers. 

dmapr

ACE - Expert

• 

6.4K Messages

3 m مضت

Sounds like for some reason AT&T has mis-identified your device and deactivated your SIM. Try to contact the customer service and have them reinstate your SIM.

• 

2 Messages

3 m مضت

thanks--I like this theory.  July 4 was not a great time for getting higher-tier support from AT&T.  I hope to get this issue resolved soon....

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.