For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
mdiego's profile

3 Messages

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 4:50 AM

Unlock request not working for my Pixel 7a

I have submitted the request to unlock my phone three times but no luck. I get an email saying it is approved  it does not contain a code/instructions.

I do not get the notification on my phone saying it is unlocked. It keeps telling I have to contact AT&T to submit the unlock request.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 months ago

Pixels do not have an unlock code.  Pixels unlock in much the same way that iPhones do. Just with approval and connection to Google servers.

The only directions you should be getting are to install a non AT&T SIM card and connect your phone to Wi-Fi and wait for the unlock message.

3 Messages

3 months ago

Thank you. I have tried with two different SIM cards but I do not get the third step message. It keeps saying SIM not supported. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 months ago

Usually this means AT&T has not submitted the request correctly to Google, or Google has not processed the request. Call AT&T first. And let them know what the problem is.

If they seem unable to help you you can file an FCC complaint. FCC complaint is forwarded back to AT&T upper management and someone will contact you.

This exact information was provided in the other thread, on which you posted a message. So this is essentially redundant information which is already been provided to you. Please follow up as suggested

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.