Troubleshoot your device issues
Gustavocrf's profile

• 

4 Messages

Monday, April 18th, 2022 5:48 PM

Unlock iPhone

I bought an iPhone from a AT&T client, after 15 days he called AT&T and told the iPhone was lost/stolen so AT&T listed the IMEI in the blacklist and now I am unable to use the SIM card in the iPhone.

I have text messages, money transfer to his bank account, box of the iPhone, .... . I have all the proof that is a fraud.

I went to AT&T and discovered that he bought the iPhone and told he losted because he recieved another one for free.

At AT&T the manager told me to contact the fraud department, but I am unable to reach then. I call and I am been transfer many times to different attendants.

I worked so hard to but the phone of my dreams, I just want to reach the person who can unlock this device because I have all the proof that needs.

The exchange of messages was with his AT&T number, the money transfer went to the bank account with his name...

AT&T is able to contact him and charge the amount for this, as they have an address and can charge the amount to his bank account.

Please, someone help me

Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 years ago

Moving to the wireless forum. In my opinion and I'm not great on cell phones, I'd say he needs to contact AT&T and report it recovered before you'll be able to do anything. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

yep the phone is a brick until the seller reports it recovered but i doubt they will as he probably did an insurance claim to get a new phone. at&t cant help you and the fraud dept wont be able to help either, at this point you need to get a refund and if thats not possible then its an expensive ipod or doorstop

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

@Constructive
The seller wont report he recovered because he got a new iPhone from the AT&T insurance, he commited a fraud.

Please, help me, you are an AT&T employee, how can I send this proof to someone at AT&T to remove this iPhone from blacklist and charge the ammout he owes AT&T?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

The seller committed fraud against you, not against ATT. I guarantee you ATT did not provide them a free replacement. If they submitted an insurance claim, they paid a deductible. In any event, there is nothing ATT can or will do for you. Contact law enforcement.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I can't get a refund because I transfered the money to his bank account, we met in person

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I made a police report, but do you guys know if the police will really go after him?
They have name, Social Security Number, address, but I am not hopeful.

I hope AT&T could help more then law enforcement

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

I made a police report, but do you guys know if the police will really go after him?

Probably not. You would have a better chance taking your own legal action. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

it will never get off the blacklist or unlocked chalk it up to lesson learned . i dont work for mobility i work in engineering so even if i wanted to assist im forbidden and have no inside contacts. bottom line you got scammed 

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out. Please complete the form at http://sm.att.com/6f432f92 to help our fraud team look into this. Once they review, you should receive a response within 5 business days.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same problem.  I purchased a used phone it worked great for six months then quit.  I contacted AT&T they said it was reported stolen and had been blacklisted.  The said I could take the phone and proof of purchase to an AT&T store to and get it unblacklisted.  I did this it worked for 3 days and quit again.  I contacted them again they reset and same thing it quit again.  Now they say they can't do anything about it.  It is not that they can't do anything it is they won't do anything.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.