Troubleshoot your device issues
EdCathy's profile

Observer

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Feb 7, 2020 5:47 AM

Unlock Code

I left ATT and went with Consumer Cellular(CC). I have a Samsung S8. I requested an unlock code.

CC uses either ATT or T-Mobile towers. I wanted to use ATT towers and inserted my NEW CC SIM card and the phone worked fine. I did NOT have to enter an unlock code.

I am traveling out of the country and received a T-Mobile SIM card from CC. I inserted it and now the phone wants me to enter an unlock code.

I tried to go to att.com/deviceunlock but it would not give me a new code. Telephone support will not help, saying they cannot do anything, I have to request the unlock code.

What do I need to do to get an unlock code?

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

You can try to call customer service again or even chat AT&T online. For them to help you out you'll need to have your old AT&T account pulled and verified. With that, reps can discuss details of the device's unlock status and tell you what is needed to be done there.

jmedia

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

Its fraud by AT&T contact me and lets start a (Edited per community guidelines)/ file with FTC against AT&T I have been calling them for days and lied to repeatedly. today i get a blank in the space for approved unlock code

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.