Troubleshoot your device issues
Cornoa7776's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 4th, 2023 6:26 PM

Transfer eSIM and device visibility on account device page

I currently have a phone on my account that I am still making payments on. However, I have an Old phone that I need to switch to temporarily by transferring the eSIM to the temporary phone. On my account page will the phone I am still making payments on be removed from the devices list and replaced with the phone with the eSIM transferred to it? Basically, when you transfer an eSIM between phones, how does that affect your device list on your account? Does the phone you transferred to show up or does the old one stay, or do they both show up, etc.  I just need to use the old phone for a few weeks to a month so don’t want my newer phone removed from my device list since I am still making payments on it. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

11 months ago

Your credits are not removed and you're installment is not affected just because you use a different phone on your phone line.

I will warn you that if you are doing this because you need to make an insurance claim, please make the claim first. Insurance covers the phone line and the phone that is being used on it at the time your claim is processed.

Your account should automatically update to show the older phone. And the older IMEI should be associated with your line once you switch phones.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

11 months ago

Okay the forum is acting up a lot today. It cut off the part where I said your account will update to show the older phone and the older IMEI associated with your phone line as soon as you switch phones. Sometimes the update takes a little time to connect with the servers, but often not anytime at all

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.