Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
What is happening with 3G?
hkpga1's profile
hkpga1
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

52 Messages

Wed, Oct 20, 2021 11:29 PM

Tip of the day!!!!

Do not fall for the AT&T Trade-In scam. Sent perfectly good iPhone11Pro as trade in and told trade value would be adjusted due to screen not working. This is the 2nd time they have used this on me. DO NOT USE AT&T.

Hkpga

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Same happened to me. AT&T Representative said I would get a New iPhone 12 for trading in my iPhone XS even though it had a small crack on the back which didn’t effect the phones performance. He said it was a Promotion they were running. I spent 2 hours going over the details because it seemed like such a great deal. He told me he was the Regional Trainer. Now my bill is $40 Dollars more expensive with less data, no hotspot, etc. I am paying a lot more for less than I had with my previous carrier. If I knew I was going to have to go through this, I would not have switched! When I called customer Support they said he was on commission and that he frequently sees this happen. He admitted and apologized. Then told me the Loyalty Department would call. They haven’t and it’s been some time now!!!

hkpga1

Teacher

• 

52 Messages

2 m ago

That is what they do. There was nothing wrong with my screen when I sent it. Asked for phone back and they said there was no way to return it. I wanted to see so-called non working screen. Been through this 2 times with them with a iPhone 10 Pro and now iPhone 11 Pro. I guess shame on me for falling for it again.

Constructive

Employee

• 

24.5K Messages

2 m ago

If the phone was cracked regardless if it affected the performance it does not qualify for the trade in. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

24.5K Messages

2 m ago

my response was to the post above yours 

ACE - Sage

• 

90.6K Messages

2 m ago

FYI, the trade in deal requires devices pass inspection  by HYLA.  AT&T doesn't see those phones at all.  Cracks can reduce value. So can user locks, dead pixels or other damage.

Just because it didn't go into the box damaged, doesn't mean it wasn't damaged in shipping. If the package isn't damaged, they assume you mailed it that way 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.