What is happening with 3G?
moveplayer's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Dec 10, 2015 12:28 AM

There's no unlock code in unlock completion mail

I've just received the unlock completion mail for my 640 and there's no unlock code in it.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlock request number: [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.

Congratulations! Here are your unlock instructions:

Ten unsuccessful unlock attempts permanently locks the device to the AT&T network.

1. Switch the device off.

2. Remove the AT&T SIM card.

3. Insert a non-AT&T SIM card.

4. Switch the device on. If prompted, enter the SIM PIN code.

5. Wait for the SIM unlock window to open.

6. Enter the unlock code provided (8 or 20 digits) and press Enter.

7. Power the device off.

8. Power the device on. The device is unlocked.

Questions? Please call 800.331.0500, or dial 611 from your AT&T wireless phone.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

6 y ago

That is unusual, the two things that I would do are either go to att.com/deviceunlock and go to your status with the imei and unlock request number and see if it provides that to you, or call customer service to see if they are able to see in the notations the unlock number.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

Not working either way :'(

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

6 y ago

Have you called customer service yet? They should be able to see the message that you got (including the unlock code). If not then a case may need to be filed.

Mentor

• 

40 Messages

6 y ago

I'm so sorry you are having this issue, customer care would have been the last step to try and get a resolution. Unless there is someway for the manufacturer to help? I am reaching in that suggestion, but this is super strange.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

I have the same exact problem.

Did you get it resolved?

And if so, how was it resolved?

EDIT: I read the other thread and apparently one has to resubmit another unlock request for the same phone if one does not have an AT&T account. I resubmitted mine and hope I get an unlock code in the email with the how-to-unlock instructions this time.

EDIT 2: This time I did receive an unlock code in the email with the unlock instructions in just one business day. Resubmitting the unlock request did the trick.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.