For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
darknoir's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 11:44 PM

The insurance option is a joke and the provider ATT has chosen to manage it even worse

Please make sure you desperately need insurance before buying. Its so not worth the hassel and the Assurian, the company ATT outsourced it to is a joke. Firstly, you are not gauranteed an identical phone and thier idea what a equal phone is purely based on price it seems. If you have an iPhone you may end up with an Android phone or if you have a Windows phone, they, again, will want to give you an Android phone. Forget about that its not even the same platform and kiss your apps and services goodbye. If the phone you need is 'back ordered' or 'not in stock' and you want to wait, you will need to contact them daily, weekly or whatever if you want to try to wait till they get one in stock. I had them even pretend to send me a replacement when ATT was on the line with them and myself and they never even entered it in thier system, wich I found out when it never arrived and I called in to check. I would not be suprosed if 'backordered' is a loose term to try to push people into accepting a phone they would rather replace your origional phone with and they dont really intend on stocking the phone you have. Itr seems more of a scam by some shoddy outsource provider and a convieniance for ATT not to have to deal with. I do not intend on buying another phone from ATT again and certainly never will opt for thier insurance scam. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

There rates are ridicules and then they charge you over 100 dollars for doing a claim , att needs to pull there heads out of there rears and be more concerned about customer satisfaction and less concerned about there bottom line

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

THe last I checked the Assurion insurance that AT&T offered, they had a $199 deductible, plus they only covered up to 2 claims per year before they would cancel your coverage.  They also charged between $9.99-$12.99 per month depending upon when you bought, and what phone you had.  If you had an iPhone, then the Apple out-of warranty coverage was just as good as (if not better than) the insurance offered for accidental damage, but the insurance was a better option for loss or theft.  I used to purchase the insurance back when I used Blackberry phones, but when I had issues with claims, I cancelled that coverage, and have always opted for Apple's AppleCare coverage for my iPhones.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.