Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
ytakaha's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jul 7, 2022 8:43 AM

Temporary Service Pause

Hello, I was in the US using AT&T's sim service and now I am temporarily out of the country. 

Could you kindly tell me how I can stop the service so that the monthly service fee won't cost while I am out of the country, if possible?

Also, I would like to know how I can reactivate my sim card when I get back.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.7K Messages

3 m مضت

Do you have postpaid or prepaid service? If postpaid, you can call and request a reduced rate suspension. That won’t eliminate your bill but will reduce it. If you have prepaid, just don’t renew your plan until you return but be aware you must renew within 60 days or your account will be closed.

• 

2 Messages

2 m مضت

Dear sandblaster, 

Thank you for your information, service fees are automatically paid from my card, so I think I have the postpaid service. 

Could you tell me the number I should call, if possible? I could not find it anywhere by myself. Also, are there any other options than making a call, because I am outside of the country and international calls are costly?

Sorry to bother you with more questions.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

2 m مضت

Thank you for your information, service fees are automatically paid from my card, so I think I have the postpaid service.

That is an indication of auto pay, it is not an indication of postpaid service.

Is your auto pay being withdrawn on this exact same date every month, or is it being withdrawn every 30 days which means the date will change every month that does not have exactly 30 days in it?

A 30-day cycle is prepaid. The exact same date every month is postpaid.

Postpaid 1.314.925.6925 

Prepaid 1.408.962.1025 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.