Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
F

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 9:13 PM

suspending a device

I have 2 AT&T "Home Bases" (wireless internet solution for rural people). 1 no longer works. If I suspend that one do I still owe a monthly fee on that one? I went to suspend it and I see this line:

"You can suspend any device on your account. Reactivation is easy. Remember, you’ll still pay monthly charges for your plan while it’s suspended.

I really would like to remove it from my account, but I don't see that option. If I can't remove it myself, who do I call? I dread trying to get a human on the line. I have better things to do with my time.

Thanks

Responses

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

I cancelled a line a month ago.  You do need to call customer service to discontinue service for a line.  The wait time was shorter than I expected -- I was off the call in ~10 minutes.  I called 611 from my wireless phone, interrupted the recording when I could by repeating "Customer Service please!" and responded to the recorded WHY ARE YOU CALLING message with "Discontinue Service" & "Terminate Service" and was rather quickly shuffled to Customer Retention blah, blah, blah.  But it was a human and after the required spiel about me being a valued customer . . . we got down to business and it was done.

Get started...

Ask a new question